Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    10541054 Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Apr 27, 2009, 06:38 AM
    Ceiling fan model #
    Where do I find the model# on a Hampton Bay ceiling fan?
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Apr 27, 2009, 06:48 AM

May be on the top of Motor housing.

Apr 27, 2009, 06:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratmando View Post
    May be on the top of Motor housing.
    Thank you! If I can't find it, is there a way that you know of to measure to find out the size of the fan (32", 42" etc) that way I can just get all new arms and not worry about matching the existing ones. Thanks for any help.
    ZoeMarie Posts: 2,049, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Apr 27, 2009, 07:05 AM

How many blades are on the fan? It's easy enough if you have a 4 or 6 blade fan just to measure across from the end of one blade to the end of the blade on the opposite side. With a 5 blade, which is most common, you kind of have to wing it, but there's a considerable size difference between a 30 and 42 inch fan, so you'll be able to tell when you measure.

Apr 27, 2009, 07:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ZoeMarie View Post
    how many blades are on the fan? it's easy enough if you have a 4 or 6 blade fan just to measure across from the end of one blade to the end of the blade on the opposite side. with a 5 blade, which is most common, you kinda have to wing it, but there's a considerable size difference between a 30 and 42 inch fan, so you'll be able to tell when you measure.
    Thank You!
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Apr 27, 2009, 07:56 AM

If a 5 blader, you can measure from the center to end of blade, and then double.
    Home Depot sells universal blade brackets that should work.
    If you have a photo, someone here may be able to identify.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 27, 2009, 02:45 PM

Arms or blades?
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

May 4, 2009, 10:23 PM

It's more important that the arms match rather than the blade size. Bring one of the broken ones to the store and see what it matches.

Ceiling fan parts - Ceiling Fans N More

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

ID make/model of ceiling fan [ 1 Answers ]

I have a ceiling fan with a broken flywheel; before I can order a replacement (if one is still available) I need to know the make and model of the fan, which is nowhere to be easily seen on this fan; any ideas on the most efficient way to discern the make and model of this fan? Thanks.

Ceiling Fan Model AC-552 [ 6 Answers ]

I have a 5 blade ceiling fan Model AC-552. I would like to change the blade color. Can anyone tell me where I can get replacement blades for it. I do not know who made the fan only the model number. Tom

Midili Ceiling Fan Model 507 386 [ 1 Answers ]

I have recently bought 2 Midili Celing Fans Model 507386. One of the shades is broken. Where can I purchase a replacement one. Your response would be appreciated. Darlene

Model number of ceiling fan [ 6 Answers ]

How do I find the model number of a hampton bay ceiling fan? Or where could I get a fan blade bracket for it?

Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan, Sutherland Model [ 1 Answers ]

I just purchased this ceiling fan at Home Depot and when I went to install it I noticed that the sockets for the light bulbs are supposedly for a Type A bulb but it is much smaller and it specifies 250V on the back section of the light fixture. I tried obtaining information on this model online...

View more questions Search