Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dragonfly1234 Posts: 161, Reputation: 49

Apr 29, 2009, 02:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Justwantfair View Post
    Actually my experiences with step-parenting are on a variety of levels all of them pleasant experiences.

My step-mother raised me since I was 2 yo, she is the best mother I could have ever hoped for but there was a disconnect that showed especially when my younger brother was born. I do not have any resentment of that, as I think it is very human.

I have participated with an ex in step-parenting his son, who I loved just as much as my two children, but really began to appreciate the suddle differences in the thought processes of parenting my children and parenting my step-son. That didn't change the love I have for him and he is still in my life.

My children are being raised by a step-father and while I know that he loves the children there are a variety of differences I see from how he looks at our vacation plans. We always plan trips for us and for them, but we have an ample ability to plan and vacation often.

I would never assume that because there is a hidden resentment it is a bad thing. It is a human emotion. That is why I wasn't meaning to offend.
    Interesting. I sincerely hope it's not always the case. I know you say it is natural, but I would be very sad to realise that there are differences in how I view my step-son vs a biological child, sad for him and for me. I can't even imagine how it would feel for him...
    Justwantfair Posts: 3,422, Reputation: 944
    Ultra Member

Apr 29, 2009, 02:47 PM

I think you are on a great path.

Are there children of your own planned in the future?
    Dragonfly1234 Posts: 161, Reputation: 49

Apr 29, 2009, 02:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Justwantfair View Post
    I think you are on a great path.

Are there children of your own planned in the future?
    Yes but only after the renovations are done! :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Coastal Vacations - The actual PRODUCT [ 24 Answers ]

I am new Level 1 associate with Coastal Synergy group. I've read a vast majority of the pros, cons, and reviews for both CSG and Coastal Vacations, and I have a reasonably solid understanding of the business system. So my question is NOT about whether CSG is a good home-based business, but...

Coastal vacations [ 31 Answers ]

Anyone heard of coastal synergy group... coastal vacations?

Out of state vacations [ 3 Answers ]

I have joint custody of my two daughters . I am taking a vacation out of state with them for one week. Do I need permission from their father for the girls to go?

View more questions Search