Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amiemarie1120 Posts: 4, Reputation: -3

Apr 26, 2009, 09:37 PM
    High school online
    I want to go back to high school online in my free time thing is I don't make enough money to pay the tuition I was wondering if the waas any programs out there to help me??
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Apr 26, 2009, 10:04 PM

Have you visited:

Welcome to Florida Virtual School: an online e-learning solution

It is the only online high school I know that is legit.

Is it your GED your trying to get? If so I would be very weary on online schools. There are plenty of adult centers that can help with this.

Sarah

Apr 26, 2009, 10:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mudweiser View Post
    Have you visited:

Welcome to Florida Virtual School: an online e-learning solution

It is the only online high school I know that is legit.

Is it your GED your trying to get? If so I would be very weary on online schools. There are plenty of adult centers that can help with this.

Sarah
    No it is for a high school diploma
    Ultra Member

Apr 26, 2009, 10:16 PM
    EDIT:: Accidental Repost:::

Sarah
    Ultra Member

Apr 26, 2009, 10:17 PM

A GED is an equivalent to a high school diploma. This is what adults get once they can no longer obtain the actual high school diploma.

Please see: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/online...al-345161.html

I know it says stuff about college but the same rules apply for online high schools.

Sarah

Apr 28, 2009, 09:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mudweiser View Post
    A GED is an equivalent to a high school diploma. This is what adults get once they can no longer obtain the actual high school diploma.

Please see: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/online...al-345161.html

I know it says stuff about college but the same rules apply for online high schools.

Sarah
    OK I know what a GED is and I have looked into everything all I want to know is the question I asked I am not stupid I know what I am doing so please if you don't have the answer or any information about my question then leave it at that sosnt try and make me sound stupid please
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 28, 2009, 09:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by amiemarie1120 View Post
    ok i know what a GED is and i have looked into everything all i want to know is the question i asked I am not stupid i know what i am doing so please if you dont have the answer or any information about my question then leave it at that sosnt try and make me sound stupid please
    Please be nice. Mudweiser was just trying to help you. No reason to get so nasty.

There is nothing wrong with a GED. I know of doctors who went through medical school with a GED.

To get a high school diploma you either have to attend high school or be home schooled. The great majority of the online programs are just diploma mills and when you try to go to college you will find that the online school was not accredited and you wasted your money as that diploma is only worth the piece of paper it was printed on.

Apr 28, 2009, 10:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    Please be nice. Mudweiser was just trying to help you. No reason to get so nasty.

There is nothing wrong with a GED. I know of doctors who went through medical school with a GED.

To get a high school diploma you either have to attend high school or be home schooled. The great majority of the online programs are just diploma mills and when you try to go to college you will find that the online school was not accredited and you wasted your money as that diploma is only worth the piece of paper it was printed on.
    I understand that but no one here seems to be listening to me I have looked into EVERYTHING I am not trying to be nasty but none of anything anyone on here is telling me is any help I asked one question and all I am getting is the run around and is no help at all yeah yeah you probably think well what does this person know she didn't finish school bla bla bla I know what I am doing if you don't have any information that will help me please leave it alone maybe someone that can't answer me will come about
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 28, 2009, 10:10 PM
    Well, first of all young lady, you did not tell anyone where you are from. This is a world wide website, so you may get answers from Canada to Cambodia, from Turkey to Tazmania and none of these answers may help you.

Second of all, we, as adults, are trying to tell you that there are very few, if any, legitimate online high schools.

u probably think well what does this person know she didn't finish school bla bla bla
    Please don't tell us what we are thinking. We aren't judging you for not finishing high school. Many people don't for a variety of different reasons.
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Apr 29, 2009, 07:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by amiemarie1120 View Post
    maybe someone that can't answer me will come about
    Why would you want someone who CAN'T answer to answer you?
    nikosmom Posts: 1,611, Reputation: 488
    Ultra Member

Apr 29, 2009, 08:40 AM

No one approached your question assuming that you're "dumb" because as J-9 pointed out, many people don't finish high school for various reasons. It's commendable that you want to take the opportunity to finish.

Did you check out the links Mudweiser provided? Without knowing where you are, it's difficult to provide information specific to your area.

Another option is to speak with a counselor in one of your local high schools- they may personally know of an online accredited high school program.

I just hope you don't take the same attitude that you've shown here. Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Back 2 high school online grant? [ 1 Answers ]

Is there such a grant that will help me get a legit high school diploma online so that I may get into college? If so how do I apply for one and is there some one that can help me with this?

Online high school - diploma [ 7 Answers ]

My son, age 18, had to withdraw recently from public high school in CT due to medical/psychological reasons. His grade have dropped significantly this past year or so, but credit-wise he is only short .5 (half) a credit in English 4. His doctor could write a letter requiring the school to provide...

Online high school diaploma [ 2 Answers ]

Can I join the military with an online high school diaploma?

Online high school diploma [ 4 Answers ]

I Need To Know What States Accept The Online High School Diploma?

Online High School Diploma [ 3 Answers ]

Can I get a high school diploma online for free

View more questions Search