Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jsanchez Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Apr 26, 2009, 08:57 PM
    Allergies after a cigar
    I don't like to be @ smokers but when I drink alcohol I tend to crave and smoke a cigar. The moment I feel relax smoking the cigar, I get allergies from hell. I may be answering my own question by not smoking but, why does my ammune system crash during and the next day as if I'm going through a tobacco hangover(sort of speak).
    StaticFX Posts: 943, Reputation: 74

Apr 27, 2009, 11:05 AM

Smoke allergies are more common than you think...

If you REALLY want to smoke a cigar, try taking an allergy pill before going out for drinks. Also, after drinks lots of water and take an ibuprofin before bed.
    dawgsnkats Posts: 130, Reputation: 7

May 3, 2009, 06:23 PM

jsanchez, been there, sneezed that. A couple of things to smoke on. Do not inhale the cigar smoke or let it roll through your nostrils. This should lessen the allergic reaction. Also, smoke in well vented area so that the second hand smoke doesn't get you. Remember, allergy pills often heighten the effects of alcohol so be careful.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

May 3, 2009, 06:40 PM

Just make sure the allergy pill you are taking, that you can actually drink with it without any effects. Pharmacist knows the best.

You know what Cigars are good, I have had one or two in my life time but highly allergic to it as well.

Try not inhaling the smoke.

Take care. Enjoy your cigar. Does it only effect you the next day?
    forester2kcc Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

May 14, 2009, 02:57 AM

Some people are trying quit smoking, now you have very good excuse for not smoking, why not quit,, its good though...
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

May 14, 2009, 11:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by forester2kcc View Post
    some people are trying quit smoking, now you have very good excuse for not smoking, why not quit,,,,its good though...
    If you read the post. This person is not a regular smoker so why would this person need to quit?

Smoking an occasional cigar, is not an addiction. Why quit something that is a rare occasion. You need to read more carefully before answering. My opinion.
    forester2kcc Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

May 16, 2009, 05:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesushelper76 View Post
    If you read the post. This person is not a regular smoker so why would this person need to quit?

Smoking an occasional cigar, is not an addiction. Why quit something that is a rare occasion. You need to read more carefully before answering. My personal opinion.
    Whatever... just stop... it would be better to learn from other mistakes...
    mjw51 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2011, 10:13 AM
    I'm finding LATELY that I have the cigar taste linger over a couple of days and scratchy in the back of my throat I shd add that I ve been sneezing a lot more then usual

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A really nice cigar for a special occasion [ 6 Answers ]

I'm graduating and I will be 18 by then and I want a really nice, super special, "you don't smoke these very often", cigar to celebrate it. Any suggestions?

Close again but still no cigar [ 6 Answers ]

It happens every few weeks and always the same way... I'll be on top, getting pretty fast here, orgasm approaching, faster, I can feel it its right there and I always get so excited because I STILL haven't had an orgasm after 7 partners, long loving relationships where I feel totally comfortable, I...

Cigar sizes [ 1 Answers ]

What is the gauge sizes on cigars is the higher the number the thinner the cigar or is it the lower the number:confused:

View more questions Search