Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    h0llister Posts: 335, Reputation: 15

Apr 26, 2009, 08:22 PM
    I have no friends.
    Hello everyone! I am a 19year old female.. I recently moved and I have no friends here, everyone I meet through work are all party animals (and I'm not into that scene) or A lot younger than me (16 yrs) and I am really lonely, I don't have much money so I can't join like dance classes or anything. I do have a boyfriend and his friends but they are 2000miles away and I only go there a few times a year. I am starting school in September so I am hoping on meeting people then but for now I'm so lonely, I have been for the past year or so. Everyone I meet is OK but we like totally different things. I do go to church and I have been to the young group but its mostly 9-16year olds and the only people in the group who are my age are guys and they all want to date me (im not being cocky but its true! Its really frustrating) So I sit alone on fridays and Saturday nights. Its really bothering me and I don't no what to do or where to go. Any advice??

Also I used to have a big social life, so it sucks now :(
    Texie Studstill Posts: 32, Reputation: 2

Apr 26, 2009, 08:32 PM

Lol if your lonely then meet people on here. Get email addresses or phone numbers. You never know, you could find a great friend.
    none12345 Posts: 1,439, Reputation: 234
    Ultra Member

Apr 26, 2009, 08:34 PM

Oh! I think there aren't much people that are "good" friend material at our age. Im 19 too and I find it hard to have good friends although I do have a few best friends but other than that not really.

Is there something that happened in your life that lead to it? For me we moved to a different city and I felt like an outcast till you start getting out there and you ll meet more friends just like how I did it.

Try joining clubs at school, meet people from getting a summer job and ask them if they want to hang out after, volunteer and there will be some people your age volunteering as well. Basically just get out there and do the things you like and you will meet people with the same interests.

Do you know any people from school that aren't that close? Try to do something with them and who knows they might be your best friend afterwards.

Apr 26, 2009, 08:40 PM

I used to live in this town when I was younger and then just moved back, but now I realize my old friends are party animals like they go out and drink all the time and hook up with guys all the time. Its just not a scene I'm looking into. But another problem is I don't drive, and I live a in an odd place, and I don't want to meet someone and have them drive me everywhere.. u know. This is so upsetting for me. Also my boyfriend has a HUGE social life and I always see his pictures of Facebook and it upsets me more because I'm missing out on so much in my youth. I feel like I'm at a deadend being 19 and have nofriends.. :(
    Ultra Member

Apr 26, 2009, 08:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by h0llister View Post
    i used to live in this town when i was younger and then just moved back, but now i realize my old friends are party animals like they go out and drink all the time and hook up with guys all the time. Its just not a scene im looking into. but another problem is i dont drive, and i live a in an odd place, and i dont want to meet someone and have them drive me everywhere.. u know. this is so upsetting for me. also my bf has a HUGE social life and i always see his pictures of facebook and it upsets me more because im missing out on so much in my youth. i feel like im at a deadend being 19 and have nofriends.. :(
    awwww h0llister. I don't hang out with friends as much either so I hang out with my family lol better than not hanging out at all although it would be nice to go out with friends =P. Yah not much as a party goer too, I guess that's why we don't have much friends. But yah, hmmm friends shouldn't have problems driving friends around!! That's what friends are for =P

you know actually I don't think you should focus on this that much. DO WHAT YOU WANT TO DO!! Have any hobbies? Music? Dancing? Do those!! Be happy by yourself and you will attract friends into your life. =P

Apr 26, 2009, 08:49 PM

I don't mind goingout to clubs and having a few drinks but all the people I know get completely wasted and act like sluts lol so I avoid goingout with them. But also I just live with my mom. I have hobbies but I can't afford to pursue them. Its been over a year now of loneliness uhhhhhhhhhhh sooo annoying
    Ultra Member

Apr 26, 2009, 08:52 PM
    i dont mind goingout to clubs and having a few drinks but all the people i know get completely wasted and act like sluts lol so i avoid goingout with them. but also i just live with my mom. i have hobbies but i can't afford to pursue them. its been over a year now of lonelyness uhhhhhhhhhhh sooo annoying
    Lol sounds like someone needs to get out and have some fun. Go to the clubs by yourself and meet people XD
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 26, 2009, 08:55 PM

Hi, h0llister!

If you would like, I have an activity that I like to do with people on this site that might give you another outlet for something productive to do.

Do you like to write poetry and/or the lyrics to songs?

Thanks!

Apr 26, 2009, 08:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by none12345 View Post
    lol sounds like someone needs to get out and have some fun. go to the clubs by yourself and meet people XD

Omg noo lol OK I went out with (the crazy drunk animals aka. My old friends) and they let me alone at the club cause there drunk and met some guys.. u know :S and I had so many guys after me so I left and went to the parking lot to get a taxi and some guy followed me and was like hey baby and stuff and I gave him a dirty look and he started yelling rude names to me and was walking up to me with like 8of his guyfriend.. OMG I was so scared but lucky a taxi came and I left.. I am never going to a club alone again.
    Ultra Member

Apr 26, 2009, 08:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough View Post
    Hi, h0llister!

If you would like, I have an activity that I like to do with people on this site that might give you another outlet for something productive to do.

Thanks!
    Hey!! I LOVE WRITING SONGS AND MUSIC!! =P

Apr 26, 2009, 08:57 PM
    Hi, h0llister!

Thanks!
    Thanks for the offer but I can't write poetry and I have a difficult time understanding the lyrics in songs.. but honestly thank you so much, if I was more talented in those areas I would accpet.
    Uber Member

Apr 26, 2009, 08:58 PM

Hi, none12345!

Do you play a musical instrument? And, if so, what do you play, please?

Thanks!
    Ultra Member

Apr 26, 2009, 08:58 PM
    omg noo lol ok i went out with (the crazy drunk animals aka. my old friends) and they let me alone at the club cause there drunk and met some guys.. u know :S and i had so many guys after me so i left and went to the parking lot to get a taxi and some guy followed me and was like hey baby and stuff and i gave him a dirty look and he started yelling rude names to me and was walking up to me with like 8of his guyfriend ..OMG i was so scared but lucky a taxi came and left.. i am never going to a club alone again.
    lol XD... there are no clubs in my city that's pathetic XD got to go to the big city which is like 30 min away. I never been clubbing but want to try at least once =P how is it like?
    Uber Member

Apr 26, 2009, 09:00 PM
    thanks for the offer but i can't write poety and i have a difficult time understanding the lyrics in songs.. but honestly thank you so much, if i was more talented in those areas i would accpet.
    Well, you could practice doing those things! I can show you how! I used to not be able to write hardly anything - even a simple letter!

But, it's all up to you. It would be fun, though!

Apr 26, 2009, 09:00 PM

Its fun honestly!! When your with goodfriends. When I go to see my boyfriend we always go to clubs and cute bars and live the life man.. but here I'm alone in a stupid small town with no life.. I love fashion and art and lots of city-vibe stuff but I'm stuck between trees uhhhh.. lol but you should go !
    Ultra Member

Apr 26, 2009, 09:01 PM
    Hi, none12345!

Do you play a musical instrument? And, if so, what do you play, please?

Thanks!
    Yah been play guitar for 8 years now and I have a piano which I have just messing around with!
    Uber Member

Apr 26, 2009, 09:02 PM

What sort of things do you play on the guitar and piano?
    Ultra Member

Apr 26, 2009, 09:02 PM
    its fun honestly!!! when ur with goodfriends. when i go to see my boyfriend we always go to clubs and cute bars and live the life man.. but here im alone in a stupid small town with no life.. i love fashion and art and lots of city-vibe stuff but im stuck between trees uhhhh.. lol but u should go !
    Lol okay!! Not much of a dancer, actually I hate dancing lmao!! So it ll just be awkward if I go haha

Apr 26, 2009, 09:04 PM
    Well, you could practice doing those things! I can show you how! I used to not be able to write hardly anything - even a simple letter!

But, it's all up to you. It would be fun, though!
    I could try... but I'm not promising anything.. I'm going to a different country in 2months for the whole summer.. so I won't be able to keep on doing it
    Ultra Member

Apr 26, 2009, 09:05 PM
    What sort of things do you play on the guitar and piano?
    Like what do you mean? I have been playing covers a lot and been wanting to write music but always gave up half way... :(

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Friends who turned out to be false friends [ 11 Answers ]

Does any one have experience of people they thought to be friends but they turned out to be false friends ?

View more questions Search