Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    passmeby Posts: 473, Reputation: 11

Apr 26, 2009, 06:24 PM
    Unlawful possession of a controlled substance - URGENT
    Help, I need fast. Someone stole a controlled substance just now (a prescription drug, prescribed to me). They are currently in possession of it and refuse to give it back. Is it a felony to possess such things? What do I do?? Who do I call? I caled the local small town police and they did nothing, because of a bias they have against me due to another incident. Who else can I call? State police? I need my meds back and since they are a controlled substance, as far as I read, it's a felony for anyone to possess these drugs unprescribed! Please, URGENT!!
    pathisfer Posts: 94, Reputation: 22

Apr 26, 2009, 06:34 PM
    Are you an addict? Did a friend/family member take this drug away from you?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 26, 2009, 06:40 PM

You can report it to your doctor, but the local police is the authority, if the city police, contact the sheriff office

Beyond that there is no one else to report it from.
    And even if they get it from the other person, you don't get it back, it goes into evidence.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

May 6, 2009, 06:09 AM

Hello pass:

If it were me, I wouldn't care about the THIEF. I'd call my doctor to make sure I got a replacement for MYSELF...

Screw the cops. I don't know why you call them, or why you care about helping them.

excon
    LovesTheSun13 Posts: 68, Reputation: -2

Jul 7, 2009, 10:56 AM
    Yes it is illegal to carry prescription medications if they were not prescribed to you (Well, not YOU, the thief) especially if they are selling it. I'd make sure to have a re fill for myself, and if thr thief gets caught.. it's a possibility
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Jul 7, 2009, 11:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello pass:

If it were me, I wouldn't care about the THIEF. I'd call my doctor to make sure I got a replacement for MYSELF....

Screw the cops. I dunno why you call them, or why you care about helping them.

excon
    I agree about getting the replacement meds being most important...

But I'm not sure I agree with the 'screw the cops' comment. But your more than welcome to your own opinion.

passmeby, talk to your doctor and get a new prescription and get your meds. Forget about the guy who stole your meds. He will pay for it in the end. They always get caught eventually.
    LovesTheSun13 Posts: 68, Reputation: -2

Jul 7, 2009, 12:56 PM
    Jennie is right, they Do get caught eventually..
    MsMewiththat Posts: 854, Reputation: 136

Jul 7, 2009, 01:31 PM

What is so interesting is that you haven't contacted your Dr to get a replacement. Your posting is a little manic. Since you mentioned it can I ask? What was your incident that the police are holding against you? Also do you need assistance with an addiction? Have you had the pills replaced in the past, but have really not lost them, but have become addicted? How can we help?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Probation controlled substance definition [ 13 Answers ]

As terms of my probation, it states that I shall not use or possess any controlled substance. Does this include alcohol?

Landlord's right to possession of property [ 2 Answers ]

I have a tenant who lived in my property for approx one year she was a lease-option tenant she was severely delinquent on rent and I issued a 3 day notice, however I never filed the eviction. She recently moved out and has left a couple of personal items, however I have no way of contacting her...

Drug possession and custody [ 2 Answers ]

I'm currently in a custody battle with my boyfriend against his ex girlfriend and their 4 yr old daughter. The mother has drug posession/intent to sell felony pending hearing. We have temporary custody with her mother seeing child alternating weekends and every Tues. and Weds. What started this...

Felony for attempting to possess a controlled substance [ 2 Answers ]

In the state of Florida can you be bonded if you have a felony for attempting to possess a control substance with fraud

View more questions Search