Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Shleecraw23 Posts: 17, Reputation: 2

Apr 26, 2009, 06:07 PM
    22 year old VIRGIN.
    Ok... First and foremost, I would like to start with the fact that I am not a stickler. I have kissed guys, had some sexual experiences, but have yet to "Do the Deed". I guess it could stem from the conclusion that I am not very comfortable being naked around someone other than a doctor or in the shower. I also get nervous when a guy hits on me, thinking up the most quick words of escape to get out of the situation, Mainly because I think that in the end and ultimately... he wants sex. Slow and steady like the tortoise, I like to take things slow... (I blame my Capricorn sun). I like to really get comfortable before I even think about letting loose... and that can take months... even years. The first time I even had a papsmear, it took 6 tries until the nurse got what she wanted... leaving me mortified and hurting. I guess I picture sex as a painful, sloppy experience... which I'm sure is somewhat true, However I know it can be beautiful and bring people closer together. I guess the biggest goal to accomplish is to get comfortable in my own skin before I rub against someone else's... but how to defeat such a task? Also, how to get over the fact that sex hurts at first? When does it start to feel... well good? I am religious, but not in the context of christianity. I don't believe in waiting until marrige, but do believe that the person I share myself with is in it for the long run... not my whole life... but stay longer than just the night. Sex for me is emotional as well as physical. I want to share more than just my body. I want to be comfortable with myself and the whole idea of sex. I guess when it comes to it... I have the mind of a 15 year old when it comes sex. A teehee here and there when the word is mentioned. I believe myself half ready. I want to experience it... but then again... I really wouldn't mind waiting.

I guess all in all... how can this goat climb over such a huge mountain of insecurities and eventually hit the sack... with a guy?
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Apr 26, 2009, 06:46 PM

I personally think it's great you remained a virgin. There are some people out there that wish they waited until they were wise enough to pick the guy/girl to give themselves to.

Are you in a relationship right now? If not. Stop. Don't go giving your body away to any guy that comes by. Once your in a healthy relationship then you can proceed with the sex. If you are in a relationship, is it a healthy one?

Virgin sex has been twisted. It hurts for other, where as it doesn't hurt for many. Your hymen probably "loosened" after all these years, from bike riding, horse back riding, and just general movement.

I hope you don't have a complete sex mentality of a 15 year old. Most 15 year olds don't even know what the word contraception is.

Get sex smart and educate yourself about safe sex.

I have one question: Do you use any sex toys?

Best of luck to you,

Sarah
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Apr 26, 2009, 06:53 PM

Learn to be comfortable with yourself, don't rush it, there's plenty of time.

As for sex hurting, well yes, it can the first time, but that doesn't last and it's not usually an excruciating pain. If the man takes his time, takes things slow, understands that this is your first time then it isn't really that bad. But then, all women are different.

I think it's great that you aren't just jumping into the sack with any guy that comes along. You'll know when the time and guy is right.

Good luck.

Apr 26, 2009, 07:18 PM

I guess when I say "15" I mean in the sense that the whole thing gets me giddy. I have common knowledge on the subject.

Apr 26, 2009, 07:19 PM
    And also something to add : My Twin sister came forward that she lost her virginity a couple of months ago to a guy friend because she " just wanted to do it"... they still remain friends... and she talked about it as if it was completely casual. I guess I kind of thought we were the same when it came to sex... but now I feel even more alone.

Apr 26, 2009, 07:21 PM
    Sex toys? Yeah... I recently got the courage to purchase a vibrator...
    Ultra Member

Apr 26, 2009, 07:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Shleecraw23 View Post
    And also something to add : My Twin sister came foward that she lost her virginity a couple of months ago to a guy friend because she " just wanted to do it"...they still remain friends...and she talked about it as if it was completely casual. I guess I kind of thought we were the same when it came to sex...but now I feel even more alone.
    Hmm. I can see why you feel left out. However, who is to say the same will happen to you? You never know what would happen. It'd be a lot safer if you did it with someone you truly loved.

For the meantime, maybe you should try using a dildo. Get familiar with your own body and literally have sex with yourself. Go online or to an adult store, don't be ashamed it's your body and your old enough to be sexual. Self sex is the safest sex.

Just a thought ;)

Sarah

Apr 26, 2009, 07:31 PM

Can't deny the truth in that.
    Gemini54 Posts: 2,871, Reputation: 1116
    Ultra Member

Apr 26, 2009, 07:58 PM
    What's wrong with being a virgin?

You sound a bit naïve and inexperienced but you're only 22. If you don't want to do it - don't! Trust your own judgement, enjoy your friendships and let things unfold slowly, naturally. We are not all the same. There is no reason why your experiences should mimic your sister's so don't use that as your benchmark.

Sex for me is emotional as well as physical. I want to share more than just my body. I want to be comfortable with myself and the whole idea of sex.

You DO know what you want - all you need to do is trust in yourself and wait until you feel comfortable. There is nothing to fear - sex does not have to be painful or embarrassing. In fact, if you wait until you find someone you like and love, it will probably be quite the reverse!

In the meantime, as others have suggested, perhaps you can get to know your own body a bit better. If sex toys are a bit confronting (and I suspect they might be for you) I would suggest you read:

Becoming Orgasmic: A Sexual and Personal Growth Program for Women - Julia Heiman.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Apr 26, 2009, 08:40 PM

Some people wait until there in their late twenties.

Apr 26, 2009, 09:12 PM

I guess with the pressure of the masses (media, friends, overall propaganda claiming sex to be glamorous, and other means of promotion)... all virgins feel like they are being left behind in one way or another. I believe if I am still questioning as to if I am ready or not... then I am indeed not ready. Hopefully all these baby-steps I insist on taking will lead me to someone and something great in the future.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Apr 26, 2009, 09:13 PM

It will. Believe me it will. It will be well worth the wait..
    Ultra Member

Apr 26, 2009, 09:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesushelper76 View Post
    It will. Believe me it will. It will be well worth the wait..
    I agree. It will be worth the wait.

Keep doing what your doing. Focus on school or furthering your career, learn what your body likes, get some self improvement [everyone can use that], socialize and just enjoy your time- it'll soon pass.

Sarah

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

19 year old virgin.what to do? [ 36 Answers ]

well here's the deal I'm a 19 year old male and I'm a virgin. Its completely my choice(ive turned down sex more times than anybody I know). I'm an atheist so this has nothing to do with any sort of religion, I just want something more than a quick you know. I've only dated one person...

19 year old male virgin [ 15 Answers ]

OK I am 19 years old and I am still a virgin and I feel like a freak... the only thing is that no one knows I am. Everyone thinks I have had sex multiple times and probably wouldn't believe me if I told them otherwise... this makes it hard for me to actually have sex because I feel that I'm just...

18 year old virgin [ 9 Answers ]

Hey I'm 18 and my boyfriends 21 We are going away next Saturday for the weekend and I no I'm ready for sex And he is so understanding telling me not to do anything I don't want to do I'm just worried that its really going to hurt? Please help I just want to make him happy

19 year-old virgin [ 31 Answers ]

Hi, I'm a 19 year-old male. This may sound kind of weird, but I can't help noticing that all my friends, and just about everyone I know is sexually experienced/active. I'm a virgin, and a lot of people treat me like I'm stupid when I tell them that. What's going on around me? Is it stupid to be a...

23 year old virgin [ 5 Answers ]

My boyfriend will not have sex with me. He is very attracted to me, he's not gay, he is not intimidated nor does he have any anxiety about it. He just does not have sex with me. He says that he wants to and when and where is not the problem. My question is, what should I do? And what could be his...

View more questions Search