Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tstevens26 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 26, 2009, 04:41 PM
    Custody of my son
    I am a Mother who wants better rights over my son, can any one help?
    logicalthinker Posts: 58, Reputation: 1

Apr 26, 2009, 05:55 PM

You may want to post this in family law. And they will probably ask you for more information. Things like: your location, whether there is a custody order in place, what you are looking to gain. And probably some other stuff. Hope this helps a little.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 26, 2009, 05:58 PM

What do you mean by "better rights"? What is your situation now?

To get any change in your custody/support/visitation situation you need to go to court to petition for a modification of the existing order.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 26, 2009, 06:01 PM

What type of order do you have now, which court is over this ( state)

But you will have to go to court and get a change in your current order

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have temp. Custody of my niece how do I get full custody? [ 2 Answers ]

My sister has 3 kids and don't have custody of any of them. I have temporary custody of her 1 year old and the other the other 2's father has custody of them. She signed her to me for a year, but when that year is up she might want her back and I want to have everything ready for that. If you can...

Regaining custody after voluntarily signing over custody [ 4 Answers ]

I was a teen mother and I took care of my daughter from when she was born until she was about two and a half. I signed over permanent custody to my parents when I was unable to take care of her because of financial hardships and personal difficulties. I was told it had to be permanent because in...

Primary physical custody and joint legal custody [ 2 Answers ]

My son and his wife are divorced now, they have joint legal custody mother has primary physical custody because my son is in the military and he was told that she had to have primary physical custody in order to enroll the child in school. However she doesn't have my son listed as a contact person...

Temporary custody vs final custody [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, I am the father of 2 16 month old twin girls, we went to court and I have temp custody. Mother is charged with domestic abuse. My question is.. if I have had temp custody for over a half a year and the kids are doing great, would it be hard for me to keep being custodial parent in joint custody...

View more questions Search