Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fashion44 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 20, 2006, 07:19 AM
    Is he cheating?
    OK I've been dating this guy for 4 years and I'm 20 years old. Hes never cheated on me before but lately I've been so nervous. We did a long distance relationship for a little over a year while he was away at college which is only an hour away and now we go to school 5 minutes away from each other. I talk to his friends all the time and his best friend swears he would never cheat. He's also introduced me to a TON of his friends (including girls) so I feel like he makes it known he has a girlfriend. Hes always affectionate to me in public & in front of friends, were together a good amount of time & the other day we had a really nice conversation about our relationship and how good things are going so Im not even sure if he's showing any real signs of cheating, it may be my stupid insecurities.. its the little things that I get nervous about like the other night we were watching a show where a guy cheated on his wife and he made a comment agreeing with the guy and then laughed it off and gave me look like he was just kidding. After that it got me thinking.. does he really think that's OK? And I get so jealous I'm not sure if its just my jealousy or if there's really something to worry about with him... any suggestions? :confused:

I would really appreciate some suggestions... thanks guys!
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

Sep 20, 2006, 07:31 AM
    If you don't have any concrete evidence or suspicions that he is cheating and you just basing this on a comment he made while watching a show then I think you are over reacting to be honest.

In this show why did the guy cheat on his wife?
    SINGLE4 Posts: 189, Reputation: 33

Sep 20, 2006, 09:20 AM
    I agree with Krs! I think you may overreacting! It is just a show! He may have just wanted to get a reaction out of you in a joking way!

You need to trust him until he gives you reason not to!

My thought is... Insecurities and jealousy can kill a relationship! It's not an attractive quality! :D
    dipsetmami69 Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

Sep 20, 2006, 09:54 AM
    No, I definitely don't think he is cheating on you. Your boyfriend sounds a lot like mine with many friends (including girls). I get jealous also, but stick by your man until you have hard evidence that he is cheating.
    fashion44 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 20, 2006, 12:48 PM
    Thank you guys so much! Your def right I just need to stop being so jealous and over reacting!
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

Sep 20, 2006, 02:47 PM
    If he is, you haven't proven it to me. Don't be one of the foolish girls who gives up a loyal guy because you start making up problems. If he moved away for a year and you stayed together it sounds like you got yourself one of the good guys. In your original post you describe a guy that most women say they want and never get and you've already got him. Don't throw it away.
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Sep 20, 2006, 04:16 PM
    Your whole post could not have been more glowing and positive about your boyfriend who appears to be doing everything right and then one little line about a ridiculous TV show and your worried.
    Don't be. You'll drive him away with your insecurities and then you won't have to worry about him cheating on you beause he won't be yours anymore!
    Honestly we see people drive partners away here all the time because of how insecure and clingy they are!
    Don't be one of those people please!
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Sep 20, 2006, 05:46 PM
    From the tone of your post it doesn't sound like you have anything to worry about. If and when he really does cheat it'll become much more obvious ; usually there's no guesswork involved when it's actually happening.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 21, 2006, 06:32 AM
    I can't believe that one little comment starts you to thinking a bunch of wild stuff. That's too insecure, but you do know that don't you?
    JADY001 Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Nov 30, 2006, 04:38 PM
    Trust- there is nothing without it
    imation Posts: 284, Reputation: 36

Nov 30, 2006, 04:46 PM
    Insecurities... everyone has to agree that at some stage they've had them, whether you got over it or destroyed a relationship because of it who knows... I have, and now I'm in the process of making sure I don't do it again, I agree with everyone who said trust him and stick by him until he gives you a reason not to, but that's assuming he will, which by the sounds of how you described him is unlikely
    Stay positive and cherish the good moments and forget the bad, if it all turns bad you will regret not enjoying the time together that you did have
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Nov 30, 2006, 06:07 PM
    This post is months old and your comments are very good but I think the OP is gone and hopefully in a happy relationship with her guy!
    Allheart Posts: 1,639, Reputation: 436
    Ultra Member

Nov 30, 2006, 06:46 PM
    Sounds like you have a very nice relationship. Enjoy it! No stressing aloud :)
    Allheart Posts: 1,639, Reputation: 436
    Ultra Member

Nov 30, 2006, 06:50 PM
    Oh my goodness, this was from back in September... oh poor girl... hopefully she is blisfully happy and not watching any more TV shows.
    imation Posts: 284, Reputation: 36

Nov 30, 2006, 07:19 PM
    Wow haha, I didn't see when the OP was I just looked at the most recent, oh well
    Terro Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 1, 2006, 12:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by fashion44
    ok ive been dating this guy for 4 years and im 20 years old. Hes never cheated on me before but lately ive been so nervous. we did a long distance relationship for a little over a year while he was away at college which is only an hour away and now we go to school 5 minutes away from each other. I talk to his friends all the time and his bestfriend swears he would never cheat. He's also introduced me to a TON of his friends (including girls) so i feel like he makes it known he has a gf. Hes always affectionate to me in public & in front of friends, were together a good amount of time & the other day we had a really nice conversation about our relationship and how good things are going so Im not even sure if hes showing any real signs of cheating, it may be my stupid insecurities..its the little things that i get nervous about like the other night we were watching a show where a guy cheated on his wife and he made a comment agreeing with the guy and then laughed it off and gave me look like he was just kidding. after that it got me thinking..does he really think thats ok? And i get so jealous im not sure if its just my jealousy or if theres really something to worry about with him ....any suggestions??:confused:

I would really appreciate some suggestions...thanks guys!
    Yeah I think that he is

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Is she cheating? [ 28 Answers ]

My girlfriend of 18 months has been acting differently ever since we moved into our new house. I get ss disability and do not work, she works about 10 miles away. We have only one vehicle between us so I am alone at home all day, cooking and cleaning. Anymore she leaves me here alone even after...

Cheating? [ 36 Answers ]

I have a friend back home that called me earlier today and I thought I might ask her question here since I know what wonderful feedback I can get. Ok so here's her situation, She has recently been having a "gut feeling" that something isn't right in her relationship with her hubby. They have...

Cheating [ 12 Answers ]

Hello: I am an architect. My doctor tells me that there's a drug that will make me a better architect. If I take it, will that be cheating? excon

Is he cheating?! [ 8 Answers ]

I have a question... OK my boyfriend as far as I know has never cheated on me, but now I have this weird feeling that he has or wants to cheat on me its really odd. Here's the questions: How do I know if he is? Should I ask him? If he is what should I do? He says he wants someone...

CHeating? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could help me with this... I suspected recently that my husband was having an affair with a co-worker. At first he denied it, then eventually admiteed it was true. I was willing to try to save our marriage on the condition he quit his job and get another one, away...

View more questions Search