Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Apr 26, 2009, 09:12 PM

Wha about the rest of the table?

Like red to yel, red to white, red to green etc.

Did you wait long enough to see if the burners ignited.

The furnace should not turn on with the wires of the tstat disconnected. If it does, then there is something wrong.
    Uber Member

Apr 26, 2009, 09:15 PM
    If the furnace turns on with no tstat wires connected then,

1. The wiring is faulty from the tstat to the furnace -or-
    2. The blower relay is stuck closed.
    KemalZuko Posts: 34, Reputation: 1

Apr 26, 2009, 09:15 PM

The furness turns on while all the wires are disconected from the tstat

Apr 26, 2009, 09:16 PM
    How can I fix that problem than?
    Uber Member

Apr 26, 2009, 09:24 PM

You have to disconnect the wires at the furnace.

Wires disconnected at furnace
    1. blower turns on (see more troubleshooting)
    2. Blower off; wiring issue

More troubleshooting

1. blower relay
    1a If blower relay mounted on control board - replace control board
    2. Limit control

Apr 26, 2009, 09:25 PM

Ok well I think that I need to call someone to take a look I don't know anything abiout that

Apr 26, 2009, 09:33 PM

Thank you guys for trying to help

I really appriciate that
    Uber Member

Apr 27, 2009, 02:51 AM

I think you made the right decision to have it professionally looked at. Your pics indicate that the unit has not been serviced for quite some time. There is too much dust.
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Apr 27, 2009, 03:56 PM

In your last pic, I see that your thermostat wires are connected directly to the transformer(left of the gas valve, mounted on a four by four metal box. Wright down where these wires go, and unhook them all. Now see if blower runs when power is turned on to furnace. Im betting you have a short in your thermostat wires between stat and furnace, or you have a bad transformer. At this point I agree that you would be best to call in an onsight tech. However if you disconnect the t stat wires from the transformer in furnace, it will help us gain a little more knowledge about your problem. Good luck and please let us know how things turn out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Installing RTH6300B with wires that are not labeled [ 2 Answers ]

I am trying to install a programmable thermostat (Honeywell RTH6300B) to replace an existing round Honeywell non-programmable thermostat. The wires on the existing thermostat are not labeled and there are only 2 wires attached (green and yellow). There is a red wire that is taped off. The new...

Installing Honeywell RTH6300B but I have 7 wires. [ 1 Answers ]

I have a York t-stat for a York system and purchased the 6300. My York t-stat has 7 wires (W, B, G, R, X, O, Y). Of those, the Honeywell instructions indicate that the 6300 will use C, G, W, Y, R, and possibly O or B. It says that if you have both O and B that you should install O and tape up B...

How to connect wires to a RTH6300B honeywell thermostat [ 2 Answers ]

I only have 2 wires to connect I removed the old wires from the W and R connection And put them on the new one but nothing happens. Any help would be appreciated

Installing Honeywell RTH6300B from an older 7 wire Honeywell. PROBLEMS [ 4 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I am new here. I found this site which trying to troubleshoot my problem. Any assistance would be GREATLY appreciated. Basically I have an older honeywell programmable thermostat with 7 wires attached. They are as follows... C - Black wire L - Blue wire R- Red wire W2 - brown...

Honeywell RTH6300B, 6 wires and no clue [ 5 Answers ]

I took out a hunter programmable and replaced it with a honeywell. Heat worked fine but air won't work now. I have 6 wires red, orange, yellow, white, green, black. I have green in G, White in W, and red in R. I have yellow, orange, and black and Y and Rc left. What do I do? Is there a way to use a...

View more questions Search