Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cdcann Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 26, 2009, 04:10 PM
    How do I get my ex for abandonment
    I have an 8 year old son that his father doesn't really want to do with him. The only time he ever calls is to yell at me and try to make me drop the support order. He doesn't want anything to do with him and not to pay anything. Now his new wife and him call me and harass me about things and then call the cops on me when I tell them if they don't leave me alone. And say that I was the one doing it. He quits jobs and doesn't ever pay his support and my son is so heart broken from all the empty promises his dad tells him.
    Is there a way to file for abandonment charges on him?
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Apr 26, 2009, 07:11 PM

Does he pay the support? Then no. You can file for support enforcement, but abandonment is if he left the kid unattended. It is not something that you can file.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 26, 2009, 07:50 PM

You file by taking him back to family court for his non payment, they can use this to start enforcement, taking his drivers license away, putting him in jail for a few weeks for contempt of more.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is this abandonment? [ 1 Answers ]

I got married in 1996 and I haven't seen my wife right after that (1996 or 1997). So can I file for abandonment... because I can't find her... and if so HOW? Or should I just file for a no- fault? Please Help I'm ready to get this over with. Thanks.

Abandonment [ 5 Answers ]

Hello. I have a situation in which my step daughter's biological mother who's has not seen my step daughter or given any type of child support in over 10 years is now trying to say she wants to exercise her right to supervised visitation as specified in her divorce papers-10 years ago. We actually...

Abandonment.what can I do [ 3 Answers ]

I have a one year old daughter and her father has not been in her life since I kicked him out of my house after she was born because I was not going to support him. My dilemma is the lawyer I talked to said that they won't take his rights away and I am not sure why. I figure this is straight...

What is abandonment? [ 2 Answers ]

I have two daughters that live w/ their mother in Indiana and I have not been able to help in money matters for a while . I have helped with clothing and other things I just haven't handed their mother money in any way in a long time.I moved to another state to get a better job so that I could help...

Is this abandonment? [ 2 Answers ]

HI I have 4 children ages 8, 4, 3, 1 my 8 and 4 year old are from a previous relationship I left my ex when my 4 year old was 3 months old. And my boyfriend is the only father the 4 year old knows. The first year my ex and I separated he stuck to our agreement that he would take his kids every...

View more questions Search