Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    calooreo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 26, 2009, 09:49 AM
    Isass.exe system error
    Hi! I don't know if this is a virus or not "isass.exe system error". But I cannot get into my Dell Vostro 1000 Laptop at all. I have tried everything I can think of plus some tips from the internet. Nothing. They say to try to boot from my cdrom drive and reinstall Windows, and I tried that to no avail. I quickly pressed F2 when I first turn it on and I do get a BIOS Utility Screen. I tried choosing "Boot from cd/dvd drive" but it doesn't work. I can highlight it, but can't seem to "select" it.
    Can you believe my warranty was up less than a month ago? Oh, Yeah! Thx in advance.
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Apr 26, 2009, 10:12 AM

isass.exe - What is isass.exe? says that the ISASS.EXE file is "registered as the Optix.Pro virus".

Have you tried to boot in save mode?

Dell computers usually have a hidden partition that is used to restore the operating system to the state it was in when you bought the machine (blowing away all of your data and programs).

http://www.goodells.net/dellrestore/

Another idea is to boot from something like the Windows Ultimate Boot CD (that you'll have to generate on another comptuer):

UBCD for Windows

But if you can't boot from a CD-ROM drive, you obviously can't boot from this.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Isass.exe - System Error. An invalid parameter was passed to a service or function." [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I have a windows XP (With service pack 1) and it has been working fine for for the last couple of days... YEah! None of those SP1 horror stories for me! But when I turn on my computer this morning right before the login screen would come up, I get: "Isass.exe - System Error. An invalid...

System error - isass.exe what do I do to correct it? [ 1 Answers ]

Windows xp. I have a system error message isass.exe how do I fix this?

Critical system error [ 4 Answers ]

I had a whole lot of viruses which brought up a critical system error bubble which takes me to all these sites wanting me to buy softwares etc... I have deleted all the viruses and everything seems to be fine atm except I can't get rid of the bubble and its getting anoying! What can I do? The...

System.that error [ 2 Answers ]

Hi; I am using w98se, 256 Ram, 1800 mhz and 40 gs hard drive. When I log on I get the system.dat error please stand by as the registry fixer solves the problem. I can then use the PC for the rest of than session but the fix doesn't t hold and the error pops up again at the next log on ! ...

Isass.exe.system error [ 10 Answers ]

Hi When I turn on my p.c. it starts to load up then half way through loading xp a error message comes up saying issas.exe.systemerror. And when I click OK on this box the p.c resets itself and does it again, is there anyway of sorting this please thank you

View more questions Search