Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    herbertsa Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 26, 2009, 09:22 AM
    Storing a refregerator
    I've heard that you are supposed to store a refrigerator with the doors open, however, one person told me that she just puts a sock with coffee grounds in it and keeps the doors closed. Any more information about this?
    Krazi Posts: 358, Reputation: 70

Apr 26, 2009, 09:26 AM

QUESTION:

What is the proper way to store a refrigerator ?

ANSWER:
    Empty, unplugged, clean and open.

Make sure no kids can crawl into it and suffocate. You may want to take the doors off, that way you won't have mold build up and any danger to kids and pets.

Answer.com
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 27, 2009, 08:22 AM

Yes, keep the doors strapped open unless you want your frig to smell like coffee and feet.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 27, 2009, 08:29 AM

If you are putting a refigerator out for trash collection most places require that you remove the door so kids don't get trapped inside.

If you are storing the fridge in a secure storage space where you are sure kids won't have access to it, you can leave it closed with maybe a box of baking soda.
    Just Dahlia Posts: 2,155, Reputation: 445
    Ultra Member

Apr 28, 2009, 09:27 PM

Always store it upright, if you plan to use it again

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Low water pressure in my kitchen only -- sink faucet and refregerator. [ 4 Answers ]

The cold water in my kitchen, only, has low pressure. This includes both the sink and the refrigerator dispenser. The bathroom and outdoor cold water faucets are fine. What could be my problem?

What is the best refregerator for my needs? [ 1 Answers ]

I am going to purchase a refregerator and freezer, I want the one largest in size, having the least noise and making cool with the least waste of energy among all the brands. In fact I want the best in quality and the largest refregerator and freezer. Which brand should I buy?

Storing carrots [ 2 Answers ]

How do you store carrots over the winter? Mine go soft right away and then spoil. I throw more out than we use.

Storing equations [ 1 Answers ]

how to store math equation in database

Storing Human DNA [ 6 Answers ]

Is there a simple and effective way of storing ones DNA for a thousand years? I define Simple as needing no power or maintenance of any kind. The DNA is obtained by Swabbing the inside of your mouth. Assume the storage location is a very cold and isolated place; such as Svalbard Island, where...

View more questions Search