Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    2carragher3 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Apr 26, 2009, 06:14 AM
    Photocopied passport for ID
    I lost my driving license last week when I was out and I was going to go out to town this weekend but my Dad refused to allow to use my passport in case I lost it as well, and took it off me. Therefore, can you use a photocopied picture of your passport to be able to buy alcohol etc?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 26, 2009, 06:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by 2carragher3 View Post
    I lost my driving license last week when I was out and I was going to go out to town this weekend but my Dad refused to allow to use my passport incase I lost it aswell, and took it off me. Therefore, can you use a photocopied picture of your passport to be able to buy alcohol etc?
    Has to be the original. It's too easy to fake a photocopy.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 26, 2009, 06:21 AM

Hmmm, one has to be 21 to buy alcohol. A 21 yr old who dad took away their passport?

Smells fishy to me.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 26, 2009, 06:31 AM

But no a photo copy of a passport or drivers license is not valid to use for any purpose.

But it takes about 1 hour to get a replacement drivers license, so in a entire week you could have gotten a copy. Get your passport to go to the DMV and get a new DL>

Apr 26, 2009, 06:34 AM

Well actually I'm 18 and I'm British. And don't question me about why I'm asking on this site if I'm British
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 26, 2009, 06:37 AM
    Well actually im 18 and im British. And don't question me about why im asking on this site if im British
    Being British has nothing to do with it. This is a worldwide site and we are aware of that fact. Our answers are not based on any one locality.

Apr 26, 2009, 06:38 AM

While this is an international site, its primarily american. So if you don't want to be misunderstood it would have helped if you had put a location in your profile. Simply putting UK might have changed the answers.

But not that much. I doubt is a british pub would accept a photocopy anymore than an american bar or club. I would also suspect its not that difficult to get a replacement driver's license.

And if 18 is the legal age in the UK, its still fishy for an 18 yr old to have daddy confiscate their passport.

Apr 26, 2009, 06:39 AM

Well good then. You can give your view on whether I would be served with a photocopy of me passport

Apr 26, 2009, 06:43 AM
    Well good then. You can give your view on whether I would be served with a photocopy of me passport
    We did!

Apr 26, 2009, 07:37 AM

Im at unibut still at living at home because we can't afford accommodation because of therecession and my dad isn't really lenient. And if you don't mind, please don't criticise me or my family

Apr 26, 2009, 07:44 AM
    Im at unibut still at living at home because we can't afford accomadation because of therecession and my dad aint really lenient. And if u dont mind, please dont criticise me or my family
    Apparently you don't understand how sites like this works. Once you post something you open yourself up for comments based on what you posted. I'm not trying to be critical, but a father who confiscates and adult child's passport needs to understand what an adult is. And a child that allows the parent that much control, needs to stand up for their rights.

Granted there may be other mitigating factors here, but we can only go on what we are told.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is this passport fake or not? Ghana Passport [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I hope you can help me... I have someone I really like... I am young german boy... and I hope you can tell me... is this a fake ID? I hope you can help me thank you... http://g-international.net/passportpeter.jpg I really hope you can give me a clue

Lost Passport with no details of previous passport--Very important [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, What can be done when a passport is lost and no details regarding the previous passport ios available?? The FIR from the police station was produced at the regional passport office but we got a response saying that another passport cannot be issued if the details of previous passport are...

2009 felon passport rules,can passport be obtained? What courtries will turn away fel [ 5 Answers ]

2009 felon passport rules. Can a passpotl be obtained? What countrys reject felons? 2009 felon passport rules. Can a passport be obtained? What countrys reject felons?

View more questions Search