Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    person616 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2009, 05:58 PM
    Child of adoptee seeking birth grandparents
    My dad was adopted and doesn't want to find his birth parents. Can I find his family even though I'm not the adopted child? Can I do this without his consent? :confused:
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Apr 25, 2009, 08:36 PM

Probably not.

I mean, you can hire a private detective, but the odds of you having enough information to do so without your father's consent are pretty low.

You have NO legal right to that information--with the possible exception of getting medical history (non-identifying information) in the case of a medical emergency (like--needing a kidney or a bone marrow transplant).

You can TRY to register on reunion sites--but again, you're going to need information that you may have to get from your dad.

WHY do you want to find them? Why would you go against your father's wishes on this? Do you realize that you would be disrupting his life, along with the lives of his biological parents? Have you thought through ALL of the consequences of searching?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 25, 2009, 08:44 PM

Do you know their names where they were from, to find them you have to start with some info

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Foster Child and Grandparents right to visit [ 1 Answers ]

I am the relative placement for my great niece. I just went to court last week with my newphew and the judge order that I can't let my brother (my great neice's grandfather) see her unless a court appointed supervisor is there. My brother has not done anything wrong and we don't even know why his...

Father seeking child custody of an unborn child [ 8 Answers ]

How can I get partial custody to my unborn child? The mother refusing to name me as the father. I know I can file after the baby is born, but I want to be there for the birth of my child.

Child is now with father and grandparents after court [ 1 Answers ]

Ok here it goes we are lost in march of 2007 during the divorce the Judge decided the child is in joint custody and live with mother because she was in school and did not want to move her. Friday mother calls me the grandmother and says lets talk I need her to go to you because my life is a mess...

Adult child seeking to put biological fathers name on birth certificate [ 3 Answers ]

Forget it.. I'm calling an attorney!

Grandparents child support laws [ 2 Answers ]

I have a California child support law question. If a minor male's girlfriend (both 16 years old) is having a baby, are the boys parents legally (I know what the right moral thing is) responsible to pay child support?

View more questions Search