Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    yorkiepups Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2009, 05:26 PM
    Dog eats other dog s food
    I have two yorkie pups one 7 weeks and the other 11 weeks and they both came from diff owners and they eat diff food but they both have decided two eat each others food and not there own is this a bad thing? What should I do? :confused:
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Apr 25, 2009, 05:43 PM

I'd switch them both to the same food to avoid tummy problems.

Start of slow by mixing the new food in with their current food.

Good luck.
    yorkiepups Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2009, 06:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    I'd switch them both to the same food to avoid tummy problems.

Start of slow by mixing the new food in with their current food.thats whats going on
    Good luck.
    But they are already eating different food because they are eating each others. Sounds funny but I
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Apr 25, 2009, 06:38 PM

It's time to switch to one brand.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Apr 26, 2009, 02:42 AM

Make sure they are getting the right amount of food too. I would do what Alty says and switch to one brand for them both but also if they continue to swap bowls separate them during meal times. One dog may eat faster than the other and if they start eating out of one bowl then switch you don't want one to be getting 1 1/2 meals worth while the other one only gets 1/2 :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Food invention (registration of a food product?) [ 12 Answers ]

I have thought up a good idea for a new food product and would like to offer it to a company, but to do that (I was informed by my dad) I need proof that this idea is mine so no one can steal it and such, registration of a food product? I need to know how to go on to this. A website perhaps? Please...

Dog eats grass. [ 9 Answers ]

7 month old Jack Russell loves to graze, and eat grass while browsing in the back yard supposedly to do her business. Bugs I can see, but grass? Is this safe for her to do?

Food poisoning, or Food allergy? [ 8 Answers ]

Hello. Greetings first of all. Well, see, on Tuesday morning I felt fine, nothing seemed to be wrong. Went to work at a restaurant, 3 hours cause it's split shift. Came back home and was supposed to go back to work at 5pm. Right around that time I started to feel bloated, and had lots of gas. Then...

Dog eats poop [ 4 Answers ]

My puppie eats her own poop how do I stop it

View more questions Search