Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    koobiidoobii Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2009, 02:58 PM
    HoneyWell 6300 Programmable Thermostat won't come on
    Just bought a Honeywll 6300 to replace a Hunter 44260. Reason for replacing Hunter thermostat is that AC won't come on.. heat was working fine over the winter. Decided to replace the Hunter with new Honeywell today. Installed the Honeywell but nothing happened. NO heat, No AC, NO fan, nothing.

Color code from old White Rodgers thermostat(replaced by Hunter 44260) is Red wire to RC/RH(jumper), White to W, Blue wire to C, Green to G, Yellow to Y.

Honeywell said not to use C... wrap end with electrical tape. It was very easy and straight forward to install... any idea??

House is 3 years old with forced AC and Heat. Have separated furnace and cooling for upstair and downstair but not sure this is relevant. Problem is with upstair unit. Have not replace thermostat for down stair unit yet. Thanks for any help or suggestions.
    juggallojed Posts: 165, Reputation: 10

Apr 25, 2009, 06:14 PM

Check for a blown fuse within the furnace.
    3 amp on the control board , might have blown while changing wires
    koobiidoobii Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2009, 06:16 PM

Yes... just found out the blown fuse. Replaced and I now have cold AC. Thank you very much!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Honeywell Programmable Thermostat [ 2 Answers ]

Should My Thermostats Panel Operate On The 2 Aa Backup Batteries Or Be Hardwired To Common And Have Batteries As Backup When Power Is Out? Panel Lights Up With Batteries In, Does Not Without Batteries. Don't Know Where Common Wire Originates From. Can I Splice Into One Of The Other Wires, G, Y,...

Replacing old honeywell thermostat with new programmable [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I am in the process of replacing an old honeywell thermostat (Q539A1014) that was installed by a HVAC prof. about two years ago. We wanted to upgrade to a programmable thermostat. We purchased a RTH6300B Honeywell. I was told by the home improvement store this was compatible and...

Honeywell programmable thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

My thermostat's display is showing - AC and the heat will not come on, I removed it and replaced the batteries to no avail? What can I do to get the heat to work again? It is 40 degree's here

View more questions Search