Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    garyd888 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2009, 06:00 AM
    Playing MPEG-2 files on a Philips DVD player.
    Hi, I have a Philips DVP3350v DVD/VCR combo and I recently downloaded some videos from YouTube on to my hard drive, and converted the videos to MPEG2 format using Any Video Converter. They will play on my Toshiba but will not play on the aforementioned Philips. I have also converted the videos to MPEG-4, PAL and MPEG-1 without any success. I even downloaded a zip file called Zoran which I burn to disc to bring up the regional management settings which it did, and I entered the "0" so it would supposedly play all DVD's but that also failed to work. I am at a loss what to do. Are there any free downloads that can convert an MPEG2 so that it call play on all DVD players. Any advice will be much appreciated. I am e-mailing you from Ireland.
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Apr 26, 2009, 09:49 AM

I've run into this problem before. It's usually the software in the DVD player. Unfortunately, there's almost no way to update the software so I think you're not going to have much success.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Burning avi,wmv,mpeg files on DVD. [ 5 Answers ]

Hi guys.I have many avi,wmv and mpeg files that I would like to burn to DVD. I've tried Few things but nothing works. Please walk me through. Thank You

Playing downloads on DVD player [ 2 Answers ]

If I save a downloaded video file (say, one that plays in Windows Media Player) to a DVD in a PC's DVD drive, how can I then play it in a regular DVD player connected to the TV? Does this require special software or hardware? Thanks in advance.

Windows Media Player / MPEG problems [ 1 Answers ]

I downloaded an MPEG movie, it's about 120MB in size. And when I try to play it using the Windows Media Player, the running time only shows 2 minutes when it should be a lot longer. It would play smoothly for the whole 2 minutes, but then it would freeze. The audio is still working but the video...

Playing mp3s on my dvd player [ 2 Answers ]

Have an rca dvd player and using easy cd creator 4 to burn mps on a cd why won't they play on my dvd player

View more questions Search