Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nvrsaynvr Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Aug 14, 2009, 06:34 AM
    Should I set the ex straight or what
    Threads merged

Well here I am again with boy trouble like I have being for the last couple of months ugh I hate it!. ok I am feeling like super bad and like so hurt right now I had such a hard time sleeping it was crazy!. last night I went out to have a few drinks with a couple of friends and well one them brought up my EX and told me that one of her friends ran into him at her job and some how I was brought up in the conversation and he some how told her that HE DID ME SO WRONG AND BLAH IAM not sure if it was said in a like sorry way as in him feeling bad about it or as in showing off!. how ever it was said when she told me about it my feelings just got so hurt that he would say something like that about me! So now the question is should I call him and meet up with him so I can talk to him about it and just let him know that I deserve at least some freaking respect and that he needs to stop talking to any one about what he did or didn't do to me when we were together that should just be between me and him and in the past... so what do you guys think ? Should I set him straight or just blow it off even if it is killing me inside... to think that after two years he would he have a little respect for me ! But I guess not... well I know this sounds a little dumb and not such a big deal but its just bugging me soooo bad right now:(
    kctiger Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 1319
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2009, 06:52 AM

No, you don't need to call him to "set him straight." That is foolish. Continue living your life and try not to let an ex dictate your feelings.

It's fine to let it bug you a bit but actually calling him or meeting up with him just gives him way too much power.
    Justwantfair Posts: 3,422, Reputation: 944
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2009, 07:24 AM
    You still have feelings for your ex. (Or you wouldn't even be worried about what he was talking about or what he said)
    When you still have feelings, then any contact is damaging to the progress you have made since the breakup.
    Yes, it was under your skin but you do not make contact with an ex.
    You are only giving him the power to hurt you again.
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2009, 10:28 AM

Why let what other people say define who you are? You can't, YOU alone define who YOU are. If they are your friends, they will know the story and form their own opinions without help from him. Everyone knows there are two sides to every break up, the one who tells the whole truth is the one everyone figures out pretty quickly.

Don't sweat the small stuff
    MsMewiththat Posts: 854, Reputation: 136

Aug 14, 2009, 11:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by nvrsaynvr View Post
    ... IAM not sure if it was said in a like sorry way as in him feeling bad about it or as in showing off!!! ..:(
    You stated yourself you really don't know how what he said was meant. Maybe part of you wants to leave the door open. Let it go... Move on... don't give in to the temptation. It's over for a reason.
    Stay strong
    Jordan Christin Posts: 91, Reputation: 5

Aug 14, 2009, 05:34 PM

You should move on! Don't let some silly little boy ruin your life! Life your life like you want to you shouldn't have to waste it on some guy who dumped you, there is just no point. If you have to go out and find some better looking guys and flirt and look at them things like that. Plus you will find another guy in no time!
    aryan2008 Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Aug 16, 2009, 07:59 AM
    Deleted for chat/text

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/relatio...lk-303157.html
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 16, 2009, 08:08 AM

I disagree with aryan
    Guys always make excuses like I was joking when they get caught.
    You should never beg any guy and you shouldn't worry about his feelings he isn't worried about yours
    When guys go blabbing your business to others with the 'I did her wrong' stuff it is just to make themselves look good. IF he were seriously sorry don't you think he would come to you and apologize and ask to get back together?

Leave him behind in the dust and don't worry about what he says or does.
    nvrsaynvr Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Aug 25, 2009, 05:53 AM
    Am I moving on little by little ?
    Threads merged yet again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just a little update... so after all I guess things do get a little better . I went out to the club this weekend and guess who I ran into as soon as I walked in?. yes my ex boyfriend AGAIN!. I smiled at him but that's about it .he seem a little surprised when he saw me but I still didn't care to stop and talk to him ! I kept on walking with my friends and after we went and got some drinks we walked around again and after that he seem to have disapeard because I didn't see him any more through out the whole night!! So I am not sure if he felt weird with us both been there or what ever!. the best part about the whole thing is that I didn't feel all down and out like I did last time I saw him at the club and I had a great night... sooooo I am guessing that's a small plus right?? It means little by little I am getting over him :)... well I sure hope it's a new start... wish me good luck you guys
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 25, 2009, 03:03 PM

That's a big plus, good luck, and stop working the moderator to death by making new questions about the same thing
    clemintinelove Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2009, 07:23 PM

You should leave him alone if anything he will realize what a big mistake he made when he misses you.. if he doesn't realize that then you are better off without him

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Florida law regarding breaks and lunch breaks [ 17 Answers ]

I am searching for the law pertaining to Florida breaks and lunch breaks for at will employees. Thank you

When an Ex comes back and the Relationship Breaks up Again [ 11 Answers ]

Why does it hurt the second time around when the ex comes back and the relationship breaks up again? Shouldn't it hurt less this time around?

When do people usually call for breaks in their relationship? [ 5 Answers ]

When do people usually call for breaks in their relationships?

How do I get our relationship back? [ 1 Answers ]

My problem is my boyfriend has lost all interest in me. He doesn't touch me or anything . The only thing he does do is he says that he loves me, but we haven't been close in over a year. He spends all his time talking to a girl online that lives in china. He tells me its just harmless but the way...

Getting stuff back from bad relationship [ 1 Answers ]

I am not really sure where to ask this question, but this looks as good as any. Here is my sitch: I own a house with my 'X' both our names are on the mortgage and ownership of house. We broke up middle of January and after that he went kind of nuts. To make a very long story short he has once...

View more questions Search