Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    123collins Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2009, 08:43 PM
    Basic phases of residential home construction

Please can anybody help explain the basic phases of residential home construction.I am trying to hire a contractor.Just to understand what to expect,
    21boat Posts: 2,441, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Apr 25, 2009, 10:55 PM

First get all the proper permits. If this a complete new house and on site systems I would get a perk done for septic first. No septic no house or a holding tank.
    Site grade drill well / lay out foundation placement.

Pour footers and get inspected.
    Lay block
    Install house plate and deck out floor and rough frame house and sheet in roof and tar paper.
    House wrap and set windows.
    Rough in plumbing/ tub/ showers set
    Rough in HVAC.
    Rough in. electric
    Inspections of all roughens Plumb/Electric etc
    Pour basement floor
    Roof can be shingled in after plumbing vents are installed.
    Insulate attic
    Hang and finish drywall.prime walls.
    Flooring prep/ luan etc.
    Finish paint and trim
    Kitchen cabinets installed
    Finish flooring installed
    Outlet covers on and grills
    Carpet
    Exterior / siding/ façades can get started after all windows and doors are set
    I could brake down the list more but this is a general sequence

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Starting up a residential care home [ 2 Answers ]

I am interested in opening a residential care home and would like to know what is legally required to do so.

Windows Vista Home Basic Pop Up. [ 6 Answers ]

I'm wondering if anyone knows how I can disable the pop up from Vista that keeps telling me that "Windows has blocked some start up programs"? After all, I'm the one who chose which programs to block, so, DUH, of course it has blocked some start up programs! The damn thing pops up about every...

Code 19 - Vista Home Basic [ 16 Answers ]

Can anybody help me with this problem? My CD/DVD Drive does not work; in the Device Manager there is a message which says: "windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged (code 19). Please note that my PC runs with Vista...

Window vista home basic [ 1 Answers ]

Hello every body who you are responsible to answer my question. I have bought toshiba laptop since the last two monthes and I was enjoying in having doing with it. But uffortunatly, now it stops to operate properly ,at first it starts as if it were good (it accepts user acount and starts to...

View more questions Search