Crisis fixed.

It can't get any easier than that!

P.S. If more money is needed, have all
    Members in Congress and their
    Constituents pay their taxes...
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 24, 2009, 07:30 PM

I'm one of those 40M. Ok, I will retire, but my 2003 Dodge Neon works just fine, and I paid off my mortgage years ago (and don't want to move).

Now what?
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Apr 24, 2009, 07:48 PM

Wondergirl:

What about 3-way stops and 2-way stops or the infamous ALL-way stops which I hate. I want to know the number of directions I have to look.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 24, 2009, 08:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by KeepItSimpleStupid View Post
    Wondergirl:

What about 3-way stops and 2-way stops or the infamous ALL-way stops which I hate. I want to know the number of directions I have to look.
    Your state's Rules of the Road should tell you. Illinois' says --

An eight-sided (octagon) sign tells you to always make a full stop. You must make a complete stop at the stop line. If there is no stop line, stop before entering the crosswalk. If there is no crosswalk, stop before entering the intersection. Yield the right-of-way to pedestrians and closely approaching traffic. If it is an all-way STOP sign, wait your turn.

4 Way Stop Sign All-Way Stop
    This sign means there are four STOP signs at the intersection. Traffic from all directions must stop. The first driver to stop is the first driver to go. Other drivers must wait their turn. You also may see 3-WAY, 5-WAY or ALL-WAY signs.

Check in all directions. Do not go forward until it is safe to do so.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Apr 24, 2009, 08:25 PM

I read the suggestion wrong. Too close to bedtime I guess.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 24, 2009, 08:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by KeepItSimpleStupid View Post
    I read the suggestion wrong. Too close to bedtime I guess.
    And don't forget to wear your seatbelt. And don't drink while driving. And don't eat while driving. And don't read while driving. And don't shave (or put on makeup) while driving.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Apr 25, 2009, 02:14 AM

Love it, makes perfect sense!
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Apr 25, 2009, 03:31 AM
    There are nowhere's near 40 million unemployed .

Also assuming that I expect to live another 40 years after 50 that allows for $25,000 a year(minus the car I'm forced to buy). Not enough for me ;and... what am I supposed to do with my time during those still productive 15-25 years I otherwise would've been working ?

If I'm not mistaken ,total American new auto purchases in good years do not exceed 15-20 million purchases.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Apr 25, 2009, 04:47 AM

Tomder - Remember that you would have no house payments, no car payments. You wouldn't need as much money a year as you would now.
    My partner and I are on not much more than that a year now and we still pay home loan and 2 car repayments!
    inthebox Posts: 787, Reputation: 179

Apr 25, 2009, 10:24 AM

MUST and GOVERNMENT smacks of FASCISM

G&P
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Apr 25, 2009, 02:28 PM

Shazam

I'm over 50 now and will have home payments for the next 15 years. I intend to have car payments until I'm forced off the roads... and I mean forced .
    Right now is my prime time to squirrel away for my future. My daughter is almost out of college and ready to make it on her own . Now is mine and my wife's time to plan for ourselves .
    Given the choice to continue working(and I have hopefully another 15-20 productive years where my employer thinks I'm an important cog in his organization )... and a little bit of luck... I intend to be self reliant and have expenses of my own choice that exceeds $25 M... let's see ,another cruise to Alaska... maybe Hawaii... world tour... etc etc
    earl237 Posts: 532, Reputation: 57

Apr 25, 2009, 02:50 PM
    Until the huge deficit is under control, I think a 7 percent national sales tax, similar to the good and services tax in Canada would be a great step to reduce the budget deficit. Entitlement programs like welfare, social security, health care and rx drugs benefits need to be reduced. Auto workers are very overpaid and need to have reduced salaries. Trade with countries other than China so they won't own such a huge part of the national debt. End the outdated embargo with Cuba, it has served no useful purpose since the fall of the USSR. Crack down on offshore tax shelters and other tax breaks for big business. Let Bush's tax cuts for the wealthy expire. Middle and lower tax cuts to stimulate economy.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do you think this will impact our economy? [ 14 Answers ]

In the news recently there was shown a small car that runs exclusively on WATER. The water is separated into HHO and then burned as fuel, the emission being only H20. What impact do you see in this on prices, stock market, oil, etc?

So how is the economy? [ 31 Answers ]

McCain was lambasted, lampooned and harpooned over saying the fundamentals of the economy were strong. Looks like Barney Frank agrees with him. Barney agrees with McCain on the economy, Biden agrees that McCain is more qualified to be president, just who is on Obama's side in his own party?...

Fuel economy [ 2 Answers ]

How many city miles can I travel per week on 5 gallons of gasoline? Make/City MPG/City mi on 5 gal of gas/ HGHWY MPG/Gals need to drive 304 HGHWY mi /Fuel cap (in gallons) Chevy Aveo 26,? 35,? 12.0 Ford Focus 26,? 34,? 14.0 Honda Civic 30,? 38,? 13.3

Economy: unemployed [ 1 Answers ]

Bob is unemployed because his skills have become obsolete due to technological advances. This is a) frictional b) structural c) cyclical d) abnormal

View more questions Search