Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    poker king Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2009, 10:23 AM
    Does anyone know about the law in canada?
    Does canada have a statue of limitations for robbery or theft?
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Apr 24, 2009, 01:29 PM

What province? And yes, after a certain number of years you can't be taken to court for a robbery, unless there is a warant our for your arrest.
    poker king Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2009, 09:14 PM

Because... I was caught shoplifting a couple times in 98/99.. Been back in the states since 00.wanna go back for a vacation but am paranoid about crossing the border.never went to court.
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Apr 27, 2009, 03:30 PM

I don't believe there is any statute of limitations in this case, you were charged with these robberies and ran from the law. You might want to consider talking to a lawyer in your area and seeing if they can check if you have warrants in Canada

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Canada to the US [ 2 Answers ]

I live in canada and I just laid charges with assault and breaking and entering against my ex. How easy would it be for her to cross the american border if at all? She has not been convicted yet but I have a witness to both occasions.

Get in canada with old DUI [ 1 Answers ]

If you have your cdl and drive a truck told company I have two DUI 1991 and 1994 they don't even show up on my back ground check. But I also have one in 1988 if I was to go into canada would this show up and what would be done

View more questions Search