Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    samhart1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2009, 09:29 AM
    MY 9 week german shepard turning viciuos
    My 9week old german shepard puppy is turning vicious. . It like he takes these mood swings and then he goes for me and starts barking at me and going metal.. . I don't know if this is normal cause he use to be really close to me. . please help
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Apr 24, 2009, 09:34 AM

Are you sure it is not just puppy biting? Is he being serious when he attacks?
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Apr 24, 2009, 09:49 AM

He needs training.I have had German Shepard's and they are very intelligent and adaptable dogs.They respond very well to early training.
    Testing boundaries is common to this breed as they are known pack leaders.
    They are a wonderful breed but need early and consistent training to be the best they can be.
    Here is a link you may find useful.Do educate yourself about your breed.It is vital for his success.
    Training German Shepherds
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Apr 25, 2009, 02:23 PM
    At 9 weeks he should be teething. He will bite and chew EVERYthing. We always made chicken bullion ice cubes for our dobies to teethe on. If he's actually attacking it's definitely time for puppy obedience classes to start.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Sick german shepard [ 1 Answers ]

"my dog is 5 months old and he recently has been acting really weird. Hes been coughing a lot and he wont eat as much and he use to and also he really doesn't have that much more energy anymore he also has a very dry nose I'm really worried"

German shepard puppy [ 1 Answers ]

I have recently bought a puppy.she is a german shepard and about 8 weeks old.when I bought she had worms,but the lady siad that she has already gave her worm medicie to her.she will not eat puppy chow by purina or the cheap brand either which is sunshine dog food?can someone please hep me in...

German shepard not eating [ 1 Answers ]

Hi my name is Ashika. I have a female German Shepard who is 20 weeks. She refuses to eat. I have no idea what to do. Please advice.

German shepard [ 2 Answers ]

Can any one help me re my german shepard. He lives outside in a run with kennel and during the hot climate in cyprus he has started to use his kennel as a toilet he will not use it to sleep in even when it rains . He is now 8 months old and I am worried as the weather is now becoming colder and...

German shepard [ 2 Answers ]

I have a german shepard that had pups two weeks ago, and she stopped feeding her pups, what do I do? I've never been through this and I am afraid for the pups. So if anyone can help I would appreciate it. Thank you:confused:

View more questions Search