Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vett2 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2009, 09:14 AM
    Know antthing about fox
    I am wondering, when I take my dog (golden retriver) out at night I can hear fox's screatching in the woods sometimes close. Do they attack humans or my dog?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Apr 24, 2009, 09:19 AM

They can, but they usually stay clear of humans and dogs unless they feel threatened.

It's good to know where their territory is and steer clear of it to avoid a confrontation.

Of course, a rabid animal, any animal, will likely attack even without provocation.

Make sure that your dog is up to date on his shots so that he's safe if an attack should occur.

Never let your dog off leash in this area, otherwise he's likely to go looking for trouble and chances are he'll find it.

Good luck.

Jul 8, 2009, 05:08 PM

Thanks for the answer, I didn't get a notice that someone answered. Now it seems like the fox likes to sleep in the back yard during the day?
    joyluo1999 Posts: 240, Reputation: 12

Jul 8, 2009, 08:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by vett2 View Post
    Thanks for the answer, I didn't get a notice that someone answered. Now it seems like the fox likes to sleep in the back yard during the day?
    You'll just have to be very careful now on
    Pets Expert

Jul 8, 2009, 09:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by vett2 View Post
    Get pictures! :)

Obviously they feel comfortable in your yard. Do you have food laying around? Dog food outside?

Usually wild animals will steer as far away from humans as they can. It's odd that this fox is sleeping in your yard, especially during the day.

Clear all garbage and food out of the yard. Make sure to keep your dog with you at all times.

I don't think the fox will attack, but if it's rabid then it can and will.

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. :)

About those pictures. ;)

Jul 9, 2009, 05:41 AM

Oh I have pictures, not sure how to post but here is a link to them.
    Thanks, Fred
    http://s18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...ld%20life/
    Pets Expert

Jul 11, 2009, 11:23 PM

She's beautiful. You're so lucky to have such an amazing animal right in your backyard.

Of course it's always good to be cautious, after all, she's a wild animal, still, I envy you. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search