Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lianne20 Posts: 33, Reputation: 5

Sep 19, 2006, 06:39 AM
    Strange pet/people behaviour
    :p I often find myself talking to my pets like they can really understand me.

My Jack Russell keeps sticking his bottom in my German Shepherds face, falling asleep in plant pots and making strange grunting sounds when he sleeps.

We used to have a pet crow who could talk (no lie)... only a few words to his vocabulary though; "what" "boo" and he also made a telephone ringing sound.

I had a pet toad once, called Sonic.

Just felt like sharing a few strange pet stories. Any others to add?! (Yes I'm bored)
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

Sep 19, 2006, 07:14 AM
    I have plenty of stories to tell, but the first one that pops to my head is about my cat Rozie.

Can you believe if I told you she is sh*t scared of flies... :confused:
    She could be asleep, cuddling wi me or even eating and she sees or hears a fly she shoots up and runs like the wind to get away from the fly.. then a few moments later you she her walking so slowly to stay away from the fly.. and this could happen like 5 times in a short space of time!
    colbtech Posts: 748, Reputation: 66

Sep 19, 2006, 07:27 AM
    I've got 5 cats...

Dennis and Snowball both eat flies, they'll spend 5 or 6 minutes, or until they lose sight of it, chasing the darn thing around the house or garden.

Alfie is a thug of the highest order and sly with it, he is the boss around the house and no-one better p*ss him off. He is prone to hissing at anyone new in the house and then 5 minutes later he'll be purring in their lap.

Katie (the matriach of the crowd) was a stray before she became our factory cat. I sort of kidnapped her from the factory one Christmas (it was either that or the cattery) and she has stayed ever since. Factory is still clear of mice, apart from that she is a "Lady", we leave that to the more common cats.

Then there is Grace, she is a princess, need I say more!

Not really anything too interesting but now everyone knows I have 5 purrfect cats. (Sorry couldn't resist that one)
    Ultra Member

Sep 19, 2006, 07:51 AM
    Another story I thought of.
    This is mums cat.

Mum lives in a 3 story house. Mums cat loves to stay out on the 2nd floor veranda BUT she escapes and mum finds her back down outside on the 1st floor or on the roof. Each floor is a story high.

We all have no clue how she does it.
    She is so fast.

Sep 19, 2006, 08:02 AM
    Hee hee!

At least I know Im not alone with my weird animals!
    Rudi my jack russell hunts moths and any other insect he can find, but when it comes to spiders, which Im petrified of, he's no use at all. The bigger the spider, the less he seems to be able to see it! Damn!

When we had our crow he used to chase our cat Motzart around the garden. So that was a cat scared of birds, but I've never heard of one that's scared of FLIES before!!
    Ultra Member

Sep 19, 2006, 08:04 AM
    Ahhhhhh thought of another story..
    This is of my big fat ginger boy.

You know those red laser pen lights you can get?
    Well he goes mental when I flash it on the ground, that's the only time I see his fat ginger a*s move so fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Lianne20
    but I've never heard of one thats scared of FLIES before!!!
    I swear it's the truth...
    She is so sweet and cuddly but when I see her scared of flies I just think mmm you are abit weird cat :cool:

Sep 19, 2006, 08:08 AM
    Bless her little heart! Still can't stop smiling about that!! Just picturing a cat running away from a fly...
    dunno Posts: 160, Reputation: 19

Sep 19, 2006, 08:12 AM
    I have several pets and they all do stupid things. But this is one about my dog Buddy. Let's see if I can explain it so you guys can understand what he does. Buddy will sit down on the floor and take his left leg, put it over the top of his head so it's hanging to the right of his head, and chew on it. And while he does this, he makes this sort of moaning/grunting noise. It's the wierdest thing. I don't know why he can't just chew on it in front of him. Nooooo, he has to wrap it around his head... Let's just say, he keeps me laughing!

Then there's my cat Indiana. He suddenly will become scared of something that's been around for years. For example, I was sitting on the couch one day (a couch that had been in the same spot for months) and Indi decided to jump up next to me. So he jumps on the couch and stops. I can tell he's scared and what was he scared of? The space between the cushions. SO I kind of tapped the couch with my hand and he flewbackwards off the couch cause he was so scared. Then there was the time he was suddenly scared of the bathroom door. He was walking past it like he had done hundreds of times but this time the door was extra scary. SO he stops dead in his tracks and just stares at the door with these wide eyes. So I crept up on him and barely moved the door. He again jumped a foot into the air (backwards, like always) and scampered out of the room. Next time he walked past it, he didn't even notice it...

Sep 19, 2006, 08:32 AM
    Sometimes I do wonder exactly what goes through their minds!
    As Im writing this, I can hear Rudi in the lounge chasing something, probably the AIR! He's making his strange noises...
    And Becks sometimes just sits and stares up at the ceiling. Just stares. At Nothing!

Sep 19, 2006, 08:38 AM
    My cat, Jones, is a pretty big cat. One day he was sitting on the kitchen counter in the corner and a friend of mine came over. My cat Indiana was walking around on the floor and my friend says "I thought you had 2 cats?" I said "Yeah, the other one is right there on the kitchen counter." My friend says "Oh my gosh! I thought that was a cookie jar!"

Sep 19, 2006, 08:40 AM
    Blimey, was he sitting that still!

Sep 19, 2006, 08:42 AM
    Yeah, he does it a lot. He just sits and stares and doesn't move. I guess he's pondering life? Haha

Then there's my bird Chavo... My cat, Indi, is always jumping at the cage and every time he does it, I would yell "Indi!" So now, every time Indi jumps at the cage or gets close to it, CHavo yells "Indi!" Even when I'm in another room, when I hear Chavo yell Indi, I know Indiana is in there. SO I'll call to Indi and here Indi comes... walking out of the room that Chavo's in. And CHavo only yells "Indi!" when Indiana is actually in the room with him. All the other words he knows, he says anytime of the day. But he only yells at Indi when Indi is actually by his cage. Smart birdie!
    Melinda Posts: 102, Reputation: 20

Sep 19, 2006, 09:54 AM
    We also had a pet crow named Blackey, he had a very large vocabulary, our Mina bird would imitate a cash register opening and a beer bottle being opened, we bought him off a bar owner and he sat near the cash. My cat would paw the window over the babies crib to let us know she was awake whenever we were sitting outside. Brina, the dog I have now, sits by the babies in my daycare and as each finishes their bottle , she brings them to me, Our pony king that I had as a child ran loose with the farm dogs and would walk into the house after grabbing the screen door and pulling it open, we'd hear him moving in the kitchen and hear the sugar bowl being dumped over. Animals are amazing...
    Ultra Member

Sep 20, 2006, 12:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Lianne20
    sometimes I do wonder exactly what goes through their minds!
    as Im writing this, I can hear Rudi in the lounge chasing something, probably the AIR! he's making his strange noises...
    and Becks sometimes just sits and stares up at the ceiling. Just stares. At Nothing!
    I wonder that all the time myself too!
    I always say in my next life I want to be a cat... its Great - you're loved, cared for, fed, and you sleep and sleep and sleep as much as you want :D

Sep 20, 2006, 05:47 AM
    I think I'd like to be a cat too Krs! Definitely an easy life..

And Melinda, WOW! Finally, someone who's had the experience of a talking crow! All my mates thought I was mad until I actually brought them round and there was Joe the Crow running around imitating a telephone...

Once, our old German Shepherd Zak was getting a bit old and grumpy, and Joe was pecking at his paw. He wouldn't stop, so Zak suddenly growled at him and Joe just looked at him, cocked his head and went "WHAT?" It was the funniest thing ever, wish I had it on film.
    love4animals Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Sep 21, 2006, 05:33 PM
    Oh I love pet stories!! Animals can bring us so much joy.
    My cat Blast follows me when I go for walks - with and without the dogs. My neighbors giggle at the sight of me walking the dogs with Blast trotting along side of us. She's so sweet. She also hangs around with me in the house, comes every time when I call her name even if she's not in sight, when she wants something, she'll follow me around meowing non stop until I figure out what it is she's asking for, if she wants some luv'n, she'll paw my hand toward her head. She's great...
    Now for the other ones... LOL... they can be buggers.
    LOL... the stories could be endless - I'm sure for all of us... LOL
    Anne

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Sociopathic behaviour herditary? [ 7 Answers ]

Lately I've received copies of several medical records for both of my biological parents (both are deceased). I wanted these files primarily because I'm expecting my first child and want my family to be as healthy as possible, and I also for my own health information. I've been going over my...

Puppy behaviour help needed! [ 2 Answers ]

Hello. I need some advice if at all possible please. I have a 10 month old puppy - a chocolate lab/weimaraner cross - and we also have four ferrets. The ferrets are used to being out of their cages and having the run of the house for most of the day, but since we got the puppy, they have had to...

Sudden Violent Behaviour [ 4 Answers ]

My dog is about nine months old. He is a neutered Husky Shepherd cross. He is normally a friendly kind albeit hyper dog. Tonight however, he lunged and snapped at my fiancé for no reason. Curtis (fiance) was sitting on the couch petting Nico (the dog) when the dog lashed out with his front paws...

Weird behaviour [ 3 Answers ]

My siamese cat, nearly 10 years old, has a weird behaviour which I'm wondering if anyone else has heard of... right after I give him a special treat and he eats it, he goes to my bedroom and howls piteously for about 10 minutes, unless I tell him to be quiet or pay attention to him. This only...

My dog's behaviour [ 4 Answers ]

I noticed a strange behaviour in my dog, late this evening. He is 7 years of age and is a spitz dog. Today I suddenly found him restless about half an hour after he took his evening meal. He was shivvering in some kind of fear and was trying to hide himself at some corner. Or tried to enetr toilet...

View more questions Search