Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mabarker5295 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2009, 11:38 PM
    Truck/camper parked on my property owner won't pay rent can I take title to truck
    I agreed to let friend park truck w camper on my property. After a few months I told him to move it off or pay rent. He moved it but a month later parked it there without a word . Called called person told him he had to pay rent to park on property. Its going on 4 months ,no payment .talked last week requested payment,nothing .can I take title to truck ?
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Apr 24, 2009, 02:30 AM
    I don't know about taking the title, but you might file a lien. Another option is to have it towed by the cops. The first time might not make your point but towing fees add up.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Apr 25, 2009, 08:02 AM

Hello:

You can't take his truck. You CAN call the cops and charge him with trespassing.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 25, 2009, 11:43 AM

Good issue, here in GA the cops will not tow it, it is on private property, they will tell you to call a tow company and have it impounded personally.

So you have to write him and give him legal notice that hs has a certain day notice to move it.
    Varies by state, 30 days normally max. And then if it is not, you call and have a tow company take it away to impound and notify him of where it went.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Truck camper [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I am getting a truck camper (slide in) given to me. My question is will my truck be suitable for using it. I have a 1996 Dodge Ram 1500 laramie with 8 ft. bed and powered by a 360ci. I am sure it has enough power.

No Spark, truck won't start [ 4 Answers ]

We have an 88 Ford F150 yard plow trick. 5.0. The battery has been dying so we put a new one in yesterday.. truck ran fine plowed the yard. Went out this morning battery is dead. Took the battery in to the shop had it charged. Truck started up, ran a few seconds died and would not start...

Truck won't fire up [ 7 Answers ]

I have a 1971 International Harvester 1110 Pickup Truck it turns over just fine but will not fire up, just replaced all spark plug wires and spark plugs still won't fire up. I am at a lost here any suggestions

Truck won't start again. [ 1 Answers ]

My son has a 1988 Chevy 3500 series pickup. Recently we had replaced the fuel filer & fuel pump. This seemed to fix the problem. Two months later we replaced the computer and purchased a new batter and re-attached the fuel line because we were told it "blew off". Now two months later - the...

Rent truck to tow my toy hauler [ 4 Answers ]

How can you rent a truck capable of hauling our 5600# toy hauler? All I get is truck rentals to move furniture and household goods when I Google.

View more questions Search