bx – ax – bx + ab – a^2 = b^2 – 2ab + a^2 – bx + ab – a^2
    bx – bx – ax + ab – a^2 = –bx + b^2 – 2ab + ab + a^2 – a^2

–ax + ab – a^2 = –bx + b^2 – ab
    a(–x + b – a) = b(–x + b – a)
    a = b
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Apr 24, 2009, 05:30 AM

This is one of those "problems" where you "prove" that everything is equal to everything else. Usually the answer comes out "2=1" or something like that.

If x=(b-a) then -x+b-a = 0 and in your last step you divided both sides by zero. This is an undefined operation so the result is undefined.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Baby Mama Drama & Was I Wrong, & Was My Boyfriend Wrong? [ 31 Answers ]

3 threads merged and edited baby mama drama, all messed up! Ok, Me and my boyfriend started going together on August 1st 2007, on September 27th 2007 the girl he dealt with before we got together called him and told him she was pregnant and that the baby might be his but she didn't know if...

I need some one to tell me what's wrong and if any thing is wrong [ 12 Answers ]

My Partner And Me Have Been Having Sex For A Year Already But For 3 Months He Has Done It With Out A Condom And I Have Not Gotten Pregnant And We Really Want To Be Parents. What Is Wrong?:(

What do you think could be wrong with me? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I was late for my period and had been getting bad sharp cramping pains in my right side since Saturday 19th so on Wednesday I did a pregnancy test and got a positive test then I did two more tests later in the day and the were negative and yesterday (friday 25th) I started bleeding but it was...

Am I in the wrong? [ 5 Answers ]

I moved away from my home town to go to college with my children in August. My husband did not come with us, because of job obligations (he moving here soon). I was struggling trying to juggle school, three kids, extra curricular activities (for all us), house work, and trying to find time to...

Wrong place at wrong time [ 11 Answers ]

Hello all Would like you r insight for my sister and her husband. They were recently arrested for murder in the 1st degree and conspiracy to commit robbery. They both claim that they were not going to rob the guy whom was an ex roommate but ask him for the money they felt he owed them when a friend...

View more questions Search