Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    00nusman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2009, 11:52 AM
    Cylinder head
    I have a 1985 Chevrolet iroc and I am trying ti replace my heads.
    I have taken the bolts off the heads and I try to pull the head off but it will not move. I am a newbie to this job. Please provide me with any help you can.:confused:
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Apr 24, 2009, 05:14 AM

The cylinder head has probably been in place for so long that it will need a lot of leverage to remove it.
    Make certain that ALL the head bolts are out (I think there are 17 in all) and all brackets, etc, are off and find a point where you can get a pry bar in.
    Do you plan on re-using the heads that are on there now?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Runs on 1 Cylinder when hot [ 1 Answers ]

Hi My john Deere Z trak 717 A runs on only one cylinder when it warms up.I replaced one of the coils (the one on the bad side) and the problem stills continues.It has a Kawasaki FH601 2Cyl.19HP engine.I bought this used about a year ago and had this problem once before, but it acted up for about an...

Oil in the cylinder [ 4 Answers ]

What does it mean if you have a little bit of oil in one of the cylinders where the spark plug goes in?

Oil in Cylinder head cover / around Spark Plugs. [ 10 Answers ]

Boy oh boy... I went to Firestones to check what was happening since I had their 20 dollars coupon... they startetd inspecting it and came out with a horroble looking problem... (they showed it to me of course... )... so the problem is that one of the caps on the Spark Plug was out of the head...

Shower head leaking from bottom of head [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to install a new hand held shower head and I put a washer into the wall part and stopped it from coming out of there but now the water sprays out of the bottom of the head instead of coming out of the actual head

D15B7 cylinder head removal [ 6 Answers ]

So a few weeks ago, I blew a timing belt, took it into the shop to get it replaced. Turns out when I got it back the mechanic told me snapping the timing belt caused me to bend a valve. So if driving the car with a bent valve, isn't that going to ruin your valve-guide? I was just thinking I...

View more questions Search