Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

May 28, 2009, 07:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Romefalls19 View Post
    Yes you can! Last time I checked, those phone have a hang up button, so next time simply press it
    This.
    totallylost07 Posts: 77, Reputation: 5

Jun 4, 2009, 03:10 PM

She was cheating...
    ldanny Posts: 65, Reputation: 3

Oct 27, 2009, 12:18 AM

update:

So I found out that she wasn't needing space but she was cheating on me for the second time.. She was jerking me around and everything. She used me to help her move and as a front for her family (She was having an affair with a married man w/ kids). It was a HUGE mess. BUT I pulled it together and went NC since June.

But then around Sept. She called me with a blocked number.I got an email from her but I didn't answer it. Then I got like 5 calls on both of my phones from an unknown # so I thought it had to someone really needing to contact me so I answered. Here is the kicker, she called me the day before MCATs =(
    When I realized it was her I told her I had to go and hung up.

Last week, she called and texted me again. Saying that she would like the stuff I offered to her. I didn't respond and she txted me a picture of our dog. That was such a punch in the gut, I love that dog so much. Sigh... But I pulled it strong and did not meet with her.

And today is her birthday, I had to force myself not to call or email happy birthday. It is amazing how well I was doing and this can still trip me up a bit. But overall, it has been a rough few months but I see better days ahead...

here is the question, what the heck should I do with all the pictures and cards... Parts of me wants to trash it and other parts of me thinks shouldn't be too emotional and just drop it off at her parents. Man I miss my dog, she doesn't take care of the dog.. her parents has the dog.. go figure...
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Oct 27, 2009, 05:08 AM

Cheated on you a second time? After that, I think you can pretty much trash the pictures and cards. It will only remind that you dated a cheater.

You've come a long way Idanny. You did well in igoring her. It sounded like she just wanted a booty call. Stay strong and don't give in! Keep it up!
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Oct 27, 2009, 05:17 AM

You re doing well-as for your ex-good riddance to bad rubbish.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 27, 2009, 06:34 AM

Thanks for coming back, and updating us. Seems you have been doing well on your own, and you are finding out the only good thing about this whole situation was the dog.

Oct 27, 2009, 11:05 AM

I'm not going to lie, it has been pretty rough and its still pretty rough... I just realized that its been quite awhile, it feels like when I quit smoking almost... its super hard but sometimes when I hear/see a cig I still want to try it.. Same thing with the ex, I hear her and somewhere inside of me wants to talk to her and see her... But also like smoking, I know there isn't anything good that can come from it.
    Expert

Oct 27, 2009, 11:37 AM

Old habits do die hard, for sure, but your on the right path. I think when you resolve the "stuff" issue, then it gets better. Her phone calls have stirred up some old feelings, but they will pass in time.

Oct 27, 2009, 11:40 AM

So should I just trash the stuff? But man I miss my dog LOL
    Expert

Oct 27, 2009, 12:46 PM

Send it to her. That ends her involvement, but the dog, honestly I don't know how she would feel about that, or her parents. You sure could ask and find out though. As I remember you bought the dog together, so no telling how she reacts to that. Just don't fall into a trap you can't get out of.

Oct 27, 2009, 01:32 PM

Cool.. ill probably do that... don't know why, but I feel bad for not saying happy birthday to her even though she screwed me over and all..
    DerelictHerds Posts: 99, Reputation: 26

Oct 27, 2009, 01:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ldanny View Post
    cool.. ill probably do that... dont know why, but i feel bad for not saying happy bday to her even though she screwed me over and all..
    Its good you didn't though. You still hold power.

Oct 29, 2009, 10:32 PM

OK so today I dropped off everything with her parents and I just texted her, told her that her stuff is with her parents.
    ... man I love her parents, they were still so nice to me still. Life sucks... but on the bright side, I saw my dog..
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Oct 30, 2009, 09:57 AM

I hope you can heal for real now. Good luck and take care..

Oct 30, 2009, 11:02 AM

I hope so too.. I think she got the hint after I didn't contact her for her birthday... for some reason, I'm a little sad she didn't respond back to me.. man I just need to stay away and really heal

Dec 23, 2010, 01:07 AM

Wow.. the year has past so quickly.. for a mini update.

She tried to contact me a few months back but I ignored her and I have been NC since last year. It always gets hard around the holidays but overall it hasn't been too bad. Moving on and (trying) not look back.

So for all the people that just broke up, there is a light at the end of the tunnel! You will feel a rush of emotions but just follow the NC rule! I was a lot better once I started really following NC!

Happy Holidays!
    Expert

Dec 23, 2010, 04:26 AM

I love it when a plan comes together, have a great holiday Dan!
    jmw0713 Posts: 1,012, Reputation: 305
    Ultra Member

Dec 23, 2010, 07:11 AM

Awesome!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Girlfriend left because she needed space. Giving her space, but how do I get her back [ 14 Answers ]

My girlfriend of 1 1/2 years broke up with me. She said that she needed space. The reasoning behind this is that she says she just felt unhappy for a while, because of some of my actions. I love her dearly, and I have been giving her the space she has requested. She says that she loves me, but...

Girlfriend needs space, I think I messed up. [ 6 Answers ]

Hello. I am the typical "nice guy". My (ex)girlfriend and I were dating for 6 months, and she has mass depression. She has broken up with me before, because she got off her meds, and then we got back together in a week or sooner. This time, my parents said some stuff when they were drunk, which...

Giving my ex-gf some space. [ 25 Answers ]

I was in a relationship with a girl that I thought the world of for around 6 years and we lived together for 3. Recently I went on a trip and while I was gone she took all of our stuff and moved out, leaving me with nothing but my clothes. She had been contemplating breaking up in order to deal...

Giving her space.and hopefully getting her back [ 11 Answers ]

I have been with my girlfriend for 2 ½ years, I am 26 and have been in two serious relationships before her. She is 21 and has been in one serious relationship before me. Last month I came home from a business trip and she tells me that she wants to break up. She says that the last six months have...

View more questions Search