Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sbalakumar Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2009, 05:25 AM
    Which is best among Internal 500 GB HD or External 500 GB HD
    Hai,

Just I proposed to buy one 500 GB Hard Dist for my Win XP/1GB RAM PC to store more data. Kindly clarify which is the best one Internal or External ?
    Tks

Balakumar
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Apr 23, 2009, 05:58 AM

Each has its advantages. Also, the advantages depend on the interface used to connect. Often external drives have USB or Firewire interfaces. Internal drives are IDE (ATA) or SATA. SATA is the more common in newer computers. Yours may have an older IDE interface. These interfaces transfer data at different speeds.

Sometimes external hard drives tend to spontaneously disconnect. That can be a problem if you're assuming it will be constantly turned on.

External drives can be disconnected from the computer and taken elsewhere with relative ease. That's great for backing up when it's desirable to unplug the hard drive and store in a safe place.
    sbalakumar Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2009, 07:47 AM

Yes thanks Mr. Perito
    I have some idea about HD
    Balakumar
    colbtech Posts: 748, Reputation: 66

Apr 23, 2009, 08:04 AM

I use a Western Digital MyBook Western Digital My Book Essential Edition 1TB USB 2.0: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

Works very well. Allows me to transport all my documents/music/videos from work to home, easily.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

All (internal and external) hard drives have become inaccessible [ 4 Answers ]

Help! I have tried to format a new external disk that gave errors so I tried using several programs from a disk that I have. Result is that now when I go to ´MY COMPUTER´ I do not see any of my hard disks, not the internal nor the external ones. They are there when I look Administrative Tools-Disk...

Internal to external HD [ 1 Answers ]

Is there a way to make an old internal hd into an external HD. I was thinking if you could create an assembly of sorts to plug an old internal into and then hook it (by means of the asssembly) to an actual operating computer -through let's say USB - that would help me out tremendously as I have...

Internal hd converted to External HD - can't see Partition [ 5 Answers ]

Hello and Help! I have an internal hard drive that I have converted to an external usb drive. Everything is working fine and I can access the drive but the hard drive had a C and D drive before while in the computer. Now that I have converted it, I can only access files that were on the C drive...

Independence between internal & external auditors? [ 3 Answers ]

Is there a difference in the concept of independence between the internal and external auditors? How does this impact the job of the forensic accountant.

Internal and external vga & Video card with TV out... [ 2 Answers ]

Ho.. sorry I an a beginner on this field... I want to buy a vga or video card for watching movies loaded in my computer on my TV screen.. so I want to know what is the difference between the VGA and The Video card.. my computer is pentium 4 so if I bought a 256 mb vga card or video card with...

View more questions Search