Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wonder1984 Posts: 74, Reputation: 2

Sep 18, 2006, 02:28 PM
    Just want to say that this forum is GREAT!
    Hey all!
    Ive just been here for a couple of days now and Ive surfed the sit like 3 hours and I have learnt SOO much!

Thank you and keep it up!

Wonder

PS. Sorry if its not a question and if it beloongs some where else but you people deserve some positive feedback! :)
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Sep 18, 2006, 06:26 PM
    Thanks for your comments. I only wish technology like this existed 20 years ago when I was coming of age. An advice forum such as this would have been invaluable to me and a fabulous learning experience.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 18, 2006, 06:29 PM
    Welcome, and I am happy you are learning so much. I learn daily too!!

This place can really be addictive!!
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Sep 18, 2006, 07:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by s_cianci
    Thanks for your comments. I only wish technology like this existed 20 years ago when I was coming of age. An advice forum such as this would have been invaluable to me and a fabulous learning experience.
    yeah. The only "advice forum" I had a dozen plus years ago was my father's boot kicking me in the rear when I was a dumb male.

my wife might say my use of "was" is too liberal. =P
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

Sep 18, 2006, 11:45 PM
    Yeah I came her about a 4 or 6 weeks ago depressed and confused about a problem and got some quite brutaly honest answers. Well that would turn some off it actually turn me on to the site because the people around you generally tell you what they think instead of what your friends tell you because your friends generally tell you what they think you want to hear. I've always wanted to hear the truth. I've learned so much from reading about other people, what they've gone through, what they've done about it and unfortunately, what some have not done about it. I've learned a lot about myself, and as J9 said, it can be addictive as it's now the first place I come to when I get online.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 19, 2006, 09:11 AM
    it can be addictive as it's now the first place I come to when I get online

Sometimes this is the only place I go. Here and the lounge is my world, so sad isn't it. Think I should get a real life?, Naw.
    SINGLE4 Posts: 189, Reputation: 33

Sep 20, 2006, 09:27 AM
    Chuff... you hit the nail on the head! Some people may come here, ask questions and expect to get the response that they expect and then someone like... Wildcat comes along and puts it BLUNTLY which at first I didn't like but I have grown to respect his responses! Sometimes you need someone to just be flat out honest and blunt!

Thank you everyone for your advice! I have learned a lot and not just in "Relationships" but in other categories also!! :D
    Wildcat21 Posts: 3,582, Reputation: 435
    Ultra Member

Sep 20, 2006, 09:35 AM
    Absolutely! I want, for their own good, for them to change YESTERDAY! The sooner they realize what's REALLY is going on - and NOT what they want to happen - the better - the sooner they can make the necessary changes. I want people to deal in reality in their relationship - NOT some fantasy they have cooked up in their head. Hopefully, from the advice here they can fix what's going on - there are no quick fixes though - especially in break - some break take a long time to get back - and some just are not worth going gbut ONCE you realize the other persons TRUE colors.

LESS is MORE in relationships... something everyone needs to understand.
    BIM Posts: 245, Reputation: 50

Sep 20, 2006, 11:42 AM
    I love this sight also! As J-9 says it is addictive! I work at a sort of "boring" job and so I am always checking this place out. I am also lucky that our corporate office hasn't filtered this sight out! :eek: (YET) OMG I think I would have withdrawals. Talk about addictions! :eek: We have what is called "Websense" and it is a very strict blocker.

Anyway, I love this sight and feel like I know some of these people, but would be curious as to see what everyone looks like... I have pictures in my "minds eye."

Some answers are blunt (Wildcat), some are very methodical (mom, val, krs), but all of them are great to get.

I like to read all posts, but I don't comment on all - because I don't want to give any ill advice. But I will be coming back quite often to catch up with the going on's.

I enjoy you all! ;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What happened to this forum? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello I used to visit this forum some time ago, I guess about 3 years ago.. And I remember it as a lively place of discussion! Now I see that all the sub-categories are gone (there used to be Karete, tai chi and a lot of others), and the activity seems to be somewhat reduced... And all the...

New to forum [ 2 Answers ]

I am new to this and was trying to find the answer to the earnings per share question that was posted earlier. How can I find responses that were received?

View more questions Search