Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aetksmith Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 21, 2003, 06:36 PM
    Help with ford excursion power door locks
    I just purchased a used 2001 ford excursion and now my passenger power door lock doesn't work when I press lock unlock on the door or with the remote. And sometimes the back doors don't open or close either? :'(

Does anyone know what is going on?
    Can anyone help?
    kf4ucj Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 20, 2010, 03:17 PM
    I have a 2000 F250 and had this exact issue. I let it go a bit and eventually the other three went all around the same time. I used to work in a plant that built F150's and a guy I work with lost all of his locking mechanisms just out of warranty.

I did some research on the web. The locking mechanisms in the truck are too much of a pain to get to and to replace, and they cost around 50 dollars a piece. There is a place that I bought aftermarket actuators for my locks. You will have to drill two holes to install them, but they have worked for a number of years in my truck. What's more, they work better than the original actuators. Better than that, they are only 5 dollars a piece.

Install photos are at the following link:

http://community.webshots.com/album/229805069tycJls

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ford Excursion Dome Lamps [ 1 Answers ]

How do I disable the dome lamps in a Ford Excursion? There is no fuse listing for the dome lamps.

Power locks [ 3 Answers ]

My Honda Civic '91 doesn't have power locks, and I would like to install them. I know there were versions of Civic that did have power locks, so I know that is doable. I would just like to know what parts I will need. It's a 2 door car and if driver's door is unlocked, passenger's door should...

View more questions Search