Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jjoy Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2009, 07:14 PM
    Why do I need someone sitting next to me when I'm doing the homework
    I function better when someone sits next to me while I'm finishing the homework. I do not need their input or opinion when reading any material. I like to know the solution to this problem. I have tried many ways to stimulate someone's presence, but not working. I sit for hours sometimes to finish little homework when no one is presence.
    jjwoodhull Posts: 1,378, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Apr 22, 2009, 07:21 PM
    Probably when someone is watching you it keeps you focused and keeps you from goofing off or day dreaming. I think it's pretty common.

Apr 22, 2009, 07:41 PM

Can this be fixed without someone body's presence.
    jjwoodhull Posts: 1,378, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Apr 22, 2009, 07:54 PM
    You just have to make a conscious effort to concentrate on your homework and not get distracted. You have to develop the discipline within yourself.

Apr 26, 2009, 06:31 PM

Is it possible that I might have adhd disorder since I cannot 100% focus?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 26, 2009, 06:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jjoy View Post
    is it possible that I might have adhd disorder since I cannot 100% focus?
    There could be all sorts of reasons for not focusing -- ADD, autism, no interest in the subject. Are you ever able to focus, say, if what you are reading is something that really excites or interests you?

Apr 26, 2009, 07:46 PM

No, I cannot focus without someone's presence. My toes and finger become club shape when I read things on my own.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 26, 2009, 07:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jjoy View Post
    My toes and finger become club shape when I read things on my own.
    I don't understand what that means. Please explain.

Apr 26, 2009, 08:23 PM

I have to work with someone to finish any task, especially reading material and making connections in the brain. If I'm reading interesting material, I'm not able to focus as well. I was prescribe serotonin for anxiety, but it seems like I have more than anxiety. I focus very well in any place, only if someone sits next to me. I simply need someone's presence when reading. Thanks

Apr 29, 2009, 04:25 PM

I have to work with someone to finish any task, especially reading material and making connections in the brain. If I'm reading interesting material, I'm not able to focus as well. I was prescribe serotonin for anxiety, but it seems like I have more than anxiety. I focus very well in any place, only if someone sits next to me. I simply need someone's presence when reading. Thanks

Apr 29, 2009, 04:37 PM

May 3, 2009, 10:11 PM

Do u guys think aderall will help to solve the above issue

May 3, 2009, 10:12 PM

Or ritalin?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 3, 2009, 10:18 PM

Talk with your doctor or psychiatrist about those two. Every individual is different in how meds work. And they need medical supervision.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sueing someone [ 5 Answers ]

Can you sue your exes new partner because he was cheating on you with her and lost out on a £4000.00 holiday as a result of it?

Someone in france [ 1 Answers ]

How can I find someone in france

Someone tell me [ 30 Answers ]

Hii.. I've been going out with my boyfriend for 9 months now and we've been having sex.. but I can't feel anything.. like I get wet and stuff but I can't feel anything! Even when we do oral or fingering and that stuff.. I don't know what is wrong with me... someone help me plzzz!:(

View more questions Search