Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JimNtn6984 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 18, 2006, 11:52 AM
    Warranty Deed
    I need to re-write description of my property after a new survey was done. What format should I use in the heading for conveyance to self. [no spouse, sole owner]. Thank you
    Dr D Posts: 698, Reputation: 127

Sep 18, 2006, 01:53 PM
    I assume that you are referring to the Legal Description of your property. When a surveyor does his job, he places stakes to indicate the property boundaries in accordance with the Legal Description on your deed. Your L.D. is probably in Metes and Bounds. You cannot arbitrarily change the L.D. of your property. If the pre-survey boundaries were not correct for a certain statutory time, Adverse Possession might come into play, but I believe that court action would be required to change the Legal description.
    JimNtn6984 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 18, 2006, 02:58 PM
    The surveyor gave me the legal description and a revised plat to coorspond to the description. The previous boundries were not done by registered survey and relied more on the original plat drawing. This survey established those point along with moving one boundary according to my directions. I divided two adjacent lots to egual size and sold the one vacant, with the new survey description. Want I am referring to in this request is the best way to address the heading, quote, "FOR AND IN CONSIDERATION". I am not selling at this time, but want to file the corrected description.. I hope this explains more what I am seeking.. Thank you...
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 18, 2006, 03:05 PM
    Please understand the legal discription of your land will go back in the records to 1800 or 1700 hundreds, the person who does the survey when you buy and sell does not "re write the dead" so if he did not do a good survey, it does not effect the legal discription on the deed or court records, only where the markers are. The new survey person merely used the legal discription on the court records and marked your property.

If there is found an error in a court discription, you will have to file in court for the judge to review all of the deeds in question, since a change in yours will also change the persons land next to you.

If you are merely dividing your property into two sections, there are specific deeds that do this, and should be done by a title attorney.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Warranty Deed [ 9 Answers ]

Hi I am new to the forum, but I hope someone has an answer to my questions. My husband and I bought some land in Fairfield , AR. By the way it is beautiful there, we live in California. I bought it on eBay, and you don't have to tell me that was dumb. I realize that now. They are starting to...

Warranty Deed [ 1 Answers ]

My mother and grandmother purchased some property in the state of Illinois. The problem is that both are now deceased and my brother and myself were considered the trustees to this estate. While we thought the property was in foreclosure someone from the bank forged both of our names to a warranty...

Warranty Deed-Florida [ 0 Answers ]

The warranty deed names an individual as the grantee in trust for another individual. What does this mean?

Warranty deed [ 4 Answers ]

Is there particular wording on Warranty deeds for property purchased jointly by husband and wife in the state of Arizona - so that property transfers to the surviving spouse upon death and NOT into the estate?

Limited Warranty Deed [ 3 Answers ]

What is the difference between a regular Warranty Deed and a Limited Warranty Deed for a mortgage loan?

View more questions Search