Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nic_lilly07 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2009, 05:26 PM
    Pins and needles in arm. 5yrs now.
    I have had pins and needles in my arms for about 5yrs or so now.I've had carpual tunnel relese but has not helped. My arm fell heavy like briks and I can only sleep on my back, also my fingers go to sleep all the time, I've had x-rays on my back and neck but they have found nothing.. please help! Thanks..
    Nestorian Posts: 978, Reputation: 152

Apr 22, 2009, 05:54 PM

It may be a nerve pinched, in your arm or at least close to there. I'm not sure if x-rays pick that up.

Arm numbness - WrongDiagnosis.com
    This is too much for me to cover, you know your symptoms best it may be something to look at.

Apr 22, 2009, 06:23 PM

I've got a few medical books but I'm going to need more info. Like What action you did that gave you carpal, and can you feel anything in your arm at all, if so what, and so on. Be super specific, can you life bend or move parts and not others. THe more the easier I can match symptoms and you can then do some research on what I find for you. If you want, then you can talk to the Docs about it eh? If you recall any family history with neurological issues, say peripheral neuropathy and what not.

I'm not saying you have any of this stuff but it's something to give you some idea what may or may not be happening. Also, a book called, "The brain that changes it'self."- By Norman Doidge M.D. It's a self help book, but it's got a lot of details about how our neurelogical systems work. Lots on stroke victoms and how they recoved, and some other things you may look into trying, such as imagining your arm as fine. Yes, I know it's not, but still try. It may help, in the same way people use self affrimation to "wire" their thoughts for success.

I'll be back later. Peace and kindness
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 23, 2009, 10:54 AM

You should see a Physician - this could be any number of things, some serious, some not. This is nothing to be diagnosed on an Internet site.

Apr 25, 2009, 04:14 PM

Try going to another Doctor, but don't tell him/her what you have, or what others think it may be, but just get them to do a new freash diagnosis, rather than rediagnosing.

I have heard a lot of things get wrong diagnosis, and unless you go to another doctor who has no idea that you've been diagnosed then they will just go with what the other doctor said. It's happened to me a few times.

Good luck, I couldn't find anything specific enough to give you from my Med books, take care eh.

Peace and kindness be with you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Feeling dizzy, faint and having pins needles in head [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there, I am new to this site. Recently I have been feeling a bit dizzy and faint and have also been getting feelings of pins and needles in my head. I went to the doctor about it and my blood pressure was checked and it was low and I also had a full blood count done and the results came back...

Pins & Needles [ 10 Answers ]

My 14yr old daughter is suffering from pins & needles. Every time she crosses her legs she starts getting pins & needles it tends to last for about 5-10mins. I'm starting to get quite worried about this as it is happning more & more. Should I get her checked out and what is the reason for this?

Pins & Needles [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have had Pins & Needles in the left side of my left hand for 5-6 days now, it sometimes dies down but never actually stops, like right now its really bad, doesn't hurt, just annoying pins & needles! It starts at the top of my little finger in my left hand, keeps in line with my little finger...

Constant pain, fatigue, pins/needles sensation etc [ 2 Answers ]

Hello. I am a 27 year old female and getting pretty frustrated. For the past few years I have been struggling with muscle pain (mainly in my back and neck), skin rash, diarrhea, fatigue, pins and needles in my legs/feet, and at times dizziness. I have had mri's, cat scans, blood work, etc and...

Weird pins and needles! [ 11 Answers ]

Why do I have pins and needles in my head?? X

View more questions Search