Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    drjac Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2009, 03:37 PM
    BEST way to charge deep cycle 12V batteries for longest life?
    What is the best method of charging 12V deep cycle marine batteries to prolong life?
    I have been using a 15 amp on board charger and a 15 amp trickle charge I have used for years on several boats. Now I have run through 7 batteries in a 5 battery system in 4 years and the dealer says my charging set up is all wrong, despite what the boat manufacturer/ charger manufacture says. They ar Ameristart Batteries which don't seem to exist on goggle to ask them directly how to charge there product.

Thank you for your time!
    Dr Eric D Swanson:confused:
    sathe1963 Posts: 97, Reputation: 4

Apr 26, 2009, 09:07 AM
    Your batteries may be on continuous charging. You should maintain discharging of the same periodically say once in a week at least to 75% to be drained. (continuous charging without any drain is also harmful for batteries)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is the life cycle of the pineapple [ 1 Answers ]

I've looked several places on the life cycle of the pineapple? Does anyone know what it is?

What is an example of the cycle of life in the grasslands [ 1 Answers ]

I'm trying to find a chart or drawing of the cycle of life for the grasslands... help!:eek:

DC deep cycle battery, AC wattage on inverter etc. [ 17 Answers ]

Hello again. Long time, no speak. I have a buddy that needs to put a battery bank into an old house boat he is fixing up. And I've had a heck of a time finding a calculation that'll allow a person to figure out AC wattage, that'll drain DC deep cycle batteries, with X amp hours. I've found online...

Plasmodium life cycle [ 1 Answers ]

How does plasmodium reproduce? Explain the life cylce of plasmodium.

View more questions Search