Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    barryabko Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2009, 01:24 PM
    Extra wires when switching to Carrier 325878-751 board (from HK42FZ004)
    Hi All,

I am attempting to replace the original control board (HK42FZ004) in my Payne heater with a new replacement board (Carrier 325878-751).

Unfortunately, there seems to be three wires connected on the old board that do not have obvious connection terminals on the new board. The wires are (as marked on the old board):

1) L2 – which goes to the main blower.

2) PR2 – which goes to a small iron transformer.

3) COM - which goes to one leg of the main AC line.

I do not see L2, PR2 or COM connection points on the new board. Does anyone know where these wires should be connected? Thanks in advance for your help! My email is barryabko (at) hotmail.com.

Thanks,

Barry

Apr 22, 2009, 02:06 PM

More detail: the actual part number for the new board is HK42FZ013.
    Joshdta Posts: 2,549, Reputation: 45
    Ultra Member

Apr 22, 2009, 03:41 PM

Did this new board come with a wiring harness?

Apr 22, 2009, 07:00 PM
    Hi Josh,

Thanks for your reply.

The first photo shows the old board (HK42FZ004) with the three wires attached in their original positions. L2, PR2 and COM wires are individual spade connectors. Where should they connect on the new board?

Quote Originally Posted by Joshdta View Post
    Did this new board come with a wiring harness?
    Yes it did. Those are in use with the original harness blocks and are attached according to the instructions on the new board. Please see the second photo (the new board - Carrier 325878-751) and verify that I placed the two wires from the adapter harness in the correct positions. Both wires are now connected to "neutral" tabs on the new board.

Thanks,

Barry
    Attached Images

Joshdta Posts: 2,549, Reputation: 45
    Ultra Member

Apr 22, 2009, 07:23 PM

Last time I did this board change had me stumped for a few as well. I think the L2 needs moved over on the top one space to the left as you can se the L2 marking. Also I would assume that the blw would stand for blower, so the botom one should be one pin to the right.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Apr 22, 2009, 08:39 PM

I would agree.

FWIW: EAC-2 means electronic Air cleaner. It's basically powered when the fan is runnig.
    maction Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2009, 09:19 PM

I have the same issue as this.

The OP stated that

1) L2 – which goes to the main blower.

2) PR2 – which goes to a small iron transformer.

3) COM - which goes to one leg of the main AC line.

Was there a specific set up?

Where does the PR2 connection goes... it goes to a small transformer?

Thanks in advance!
    maction Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2009, 06:34 AM

I just left the "com" out... the one that plugs into the small transformer and the board does not power on.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. This is the same board HK42FZ013
    KC13 Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 99
    Ultra Member

Dec 12, 2009, 07:38 AM
    This manual is for a unit that uses the same board. Pages 12 & 16 may be helpful. If you look closely at the neutral terminal cluster on the board, you will notice that "COM" is smaller than the others. This terminal is intended for the white blower motor lead.
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf sm350aav-02.pdf (742.3 KB, 644 views)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Switching to programmable, too many wires? [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to switch to a programmable thermostat in a house I am remodeling. It is a Trane system. I really don't know much, other than there are 10 wires that go to the thermostat, 9 of which are connected. The current thermostat is a trane "weathertron" and I'm trying to install a honeywell...

Switching from 3 wires to 4. (on a dryer) [ 1 Answers ]

Okay, so my husband and I just moved. Our old house had a 3 prong outlet, the new house has the 4. We tried putting the new wire on, we read the directions, but I think we're getting something wrong because the dryer isn't working still. Here is a picture of the dryer as we have it set up...

Switching the wires on my two telephone lines [ 9 Answers ]

Hi Friends, So I live in one of those areas of America where we can't get broadband or dsl, so I have two telephone lines in my house... one for dialup and the other for the regular telephone. The line I use for dialup gets a connection speed of 26.4 kbps, but the line I use for my regular...

Help Replacing Carrier Circuit Board HK42FZ004 [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Carrier gas furnace that is not getting gas; the rest of the cycle runs properly, including the HSI glowing, but there is no gas to light, so the system shuts down and I get a 21 error code (gas lockdown). I am showing no voltage to the gas valve at the point in the cycle when control...

View more questions Search