Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    daredninja Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2009, 12:14 PM
    Watch two channels with DirecTV on two TVs
    I have a Directv HD/DVR. It is a dual tuner box and I know it can record one show while I watch another. I have two tvs and have them both hooked up to the box.

How can I set it up so that I can watch one channel on one TV and another channel on the second TV?

Thanks
    Krazi Posts: 358, Reputation: 70

Apr 22, 2009, 02:43 PM

I don't think that's possible.
    If it is, you should have the manual for the box that should tell you how its done.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Apr 26, 2009, 02:27 PM

Are you able to record from 1 tuner? If so then tune in second tuner for second TV.
    Should be possible.
    Missouri Bound Posts: 1,532, Reputation: 94
    Ultra Member

Apr 26, 2009, 08:10 PM
    You can't do it with Direct TV. The DVR allows you to watch only one channel at a time. As you know you can record two channels at once, and switch back and for the between them, but that's it... only one output at a time.
    Uber Member

Apr 27, 2009, 05:37 AM

Then they shouldn't call it a "Dual Tuner",
    With Dish's Dual Tuner, you can watch 1 and record another.
    Ultra Member

Apr 27, 2009, 09:30 AM
    You can watch one and record another with DirecTV as well... just can't separate the tuners output to watch on two televisions.
    Uber Member

Apr 27, 2009, 11:13 AM

If I built the Box, it woud have separate outputs for each tuner. Big Companies Squeak, Likely you would have to have 2 dual tuners to do what you want.
    Are they Stupid or does money make them stupid(we can sell 2 dual tuners)Idiots.
    Ultra Member

Apr 27, 2009, 11:46 AM
    Hmm... just wondering... why would anyone want to watch two shows at the same time?
    Uber Member

Apr 27, 2009, 11:49 AM

Can you record both channels?
    Ultra Member

Apr 27, 2009, 11:50 AM
    Yes you can.
    Uber Member

Apr 27, 2009, 11:51 AM

That's good anyway, I could maybe see a want for 2 different Displays.
    Sometimes, their will be a MUST KNOW life saving news on a show, they make you wait the whole show, and it may be at the end. Watch your regular show and glance to see the Important Life saving News when it shows up.
    daredninja Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2009, 01:32 PM

I've got two TVs side by side have them both hooked up to DirecTV as well as basic Comcast..

There are sometimes two soccer games I want to watch at the same time but are both only available on DirecTV.. The way the DirecTV box works both TVs show the same channel when tuned to DirecTV..

I was hoping there was a work around enabling me to divert the signal from on of the tuners so that I could watch two different channels at once..

For example I can record channel A and B at the same time but at any one time only one of channel A or B will be output to both TVs.. Since the box is accessing both channels I thought there might be a way to divert the second signal..
    Uber Member

Apr 27, 2009, 01:47 PM

Would be nice if it had outputs for both?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Directv hook up [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to hook up 4 receivers to a dish that has only 2 output cables. Do I need a special type of splitter? What type to get?

VCR and Directv hookup [ 2 Answers ]

I can't successfully hook up my vcr with my directv service. I've followed all the diagrams with no luck. I'm unable to record Or view any previously recorded shows. Can you help me?

Connect Directv- TV, dvd, vcr [ 1 Answers ]

I have a new Sanyo HDTV, a Directv box with DVR, a DVD player, and a VCR. How can I connect them all so I can use my Directv remote to operate all 3, or isn't that possible? All 3 units have composite connection jacks, and the DVD, Satellite box and TV have s-video jacks. I don't need the VCR to...

View more questions Search