Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kibss Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2009, 07:24 AM
    Is charisma effective in marketing?
    Self confidence and creativity are just some of the traits you must have to be good at marketing.My question is,can charisma improve your chances of convincing a potential customer?
    rpray2007 Posts: 319, Reputation: 23

Apr 22, 2009, 01:11 PM

I believe so. As both a customer and a business person, I believe charisma plays a major part in the sales and marketing process. Self-confidence without charisma comes across as arrogance or condescension. Additionally, charisma (which is a more extroverted form of charm) displays a certain connection with the audience which is a useful skill. Charismatic people tend to naturally be empathetic.

Hope this helps... curious to know why you were asking
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Apr 22, 2009, 01:15 PM

Yes, charisma is an important tool.

When I had a sales job years ago we took sales management skills class and the number one thing we were told repeatedly is you sell yourself first.
    Kibss Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2009, 06:03 PM
    Thanks a lot.The reason I posted the question is, where I come from,this subject generates bit of controversy whenever it is brought up.Some believe bit of charm and charima is effective in marketing.On the other hand there are those who believe marketing is about being purely objective and straight to the point with little time as possible.Hence I needed an opinion from someone with more experience in the area.I'm 22 years old,from Kenya,I just started an auto repair business.Part of my marketing plan is to target,the car rental companies.So far it is bit of challenging but equally interesting.Among them is some potential customers think I'm too young for the industry.If you have some more tips,please do send them.Thanks again and have a good one.
    rpray2007 Posts: 319, Reputation: 23

Apr 23, 2009, 12:39 AM

Good luck with that. My only other advice is to believe in yourself and if you think your product/service has value sell it with honesty. Age, race, gender are secondary to the passion you bring to the table. Look at Obama and how he was able to overcome tremendous odds because of his intellect, his passion, and, of course, his charisma.
    operad Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2009, 04:49 AM

Yes it does. Because you buy the salesperson not the product. Another explanation is: charisma is the basic characteristic of leadership and leaders make people behave the way they lead them to.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How Effective is 55H+ [ 14 Answers ]

Hello Evryone, I purchased the 55h+ body milk. I want to know how effective it is in skin lightening? Do I have to mix it with anythg before it bcomes strong? If yes what is the best thg to mix it wit for me to achieve the skin lightening I want. THANKS!!

Effective Communication [ 2 Answers ]

In your opinon, do you feel online communication is effective? I feel in my experience that is is very misleading and causes a lot of misunderstandings. Anyone have any guidance on how to use email effectively in colleague works.

Is this effective? [ 4 Answers ]

:p hello, I have darker skin on my face due to excessive sun damage and now I am wondering how I can get rid of this:( , I have currently been using a cream called "Superfade Original" and it seemed to work as my forehead as shown some improvement. All I want to know is, is this cream...

Effective Marketing per USA Today [ 1 Answers ]

http://www.usatoday.com/money/books/reviews/2005-07-25-buzz-marketing_x.htm Want to know how effective your marketing is? Mark Hughes suggests that You ask your customers two questions. How did you hear about us? Would you go out of your way to recommend our product to a friend? If...

View more questions Search