Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LIMA Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2009, 03:57 AM
    Pressure Relief on process line
    Hi,

At what pressure does a process line requires a relief valve? Pl quote the standard.

Thanks,
    Bunmi
    thinkalot Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Nov 14, 2009, 07:47 AM
    The process itself determines the requirements.
    Generally a process line needs a relief valve to maintain sufficient pressure for the process to function (backpressure) and/or to protect the process from overpressure of the weakest component exposed to the process including the safety factor(s). The relief system should be sized for the process; such as pressure, temperature, volume, construction material for corrosion, characteristics of "load/unload", etc.. .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fuel Pressure Relief Value [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 1993 ford taurus 3.8L V6 automatic GL. Can you tell me where the "fuel pressure relief value" is located on my car? Also, what tool do I need to use to relieve the fuel pressure from this value?

Hot water relief line [ 1 Answers ]

Contractor. My plumber screwed up and left out the hot water relief line from the underground work. My only choice is to go tankless or cut the slab or connet the relief line to the ac condensation line. Any suggestions Need to get this fixed ASAP:(

Pressure relief switch [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, What are the steps to replace a schedule D pressure relief switch. My old switch has a manual override lever on it that I think manually restores power to the switch. I was told that I need to drain the tank of all water and turn off the power to the switch. I also heard that I need...

Pressure relief switch [ 15 Answers ]

I recently installed a new pressure relief switch onto the pressure system in our home. The switch works great and there is pressure going to the tank, but there is no pressure coming through the lines. :confused:

Pressure relief valve [ 11 Answers ]

Hi, I have a State Select brand water heater (40 gallon) which is about 4-5 years old. It recently has begun to leak from the pressure relief valve, and is leaking a lot:( , especially after taking a shower... Is this a simple fix of replacing the valve or something more serious? Any and all...

View more questions Search