Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ughagain Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2009, 02:31 AM
    Husband will only have sex with me if I am asleep
    Very disgusted. All I think about is "he must be suffering inside" and he won't talk to me about it.

I make this assumption to hide my real anger with it. I have asked him to not do it. He still does. I told him why. He still does. I reminded him about sexual abuse as a teen by a person who assumed I was asleep. He still does. Now he never initiates while I am awake. I work full time have two sons and go to school. I have some nights where I get very little sleep but he still does it. As if I would really stay asleep. If I flinch he gets off off me then slowly resumes. It is so creepy and feel like a rape victim. Am I?

If I ever try to initiate while he is a sleep (which requires waking him up) he gets hostile and angry with me. I am trying so hard to understand him. I am so afraid this is a marker of worse sexual deviance. He has been accused by two separate female family members of rape and oral sex. Ugh my stomach turns. Am I wrong to want to leave him and not try to help him? I feel like if I say anything to him I would loose him I'm more than one way.

Any one have advice or knowledge?
    Souris Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2009, 02:45 AM
    There is OBVIOUSLY something wrong here. It might be something as simple as he's deathly afraid of rejection and can only have relations when he knows you won't object, but, frankly... that doesn't really matter, does it? Especially with those big red flags hitting you. The fact he doesn't even BEGIN to consider your feelings is a big no too. If you're ready to leave, I fully suggest it. Don't even consider getting back with him until he's agreed to, and keeps going to, counceling. If he doesn't, file for divorce.
    alana1xxx Posts: 64, Reputation: 8

Apr 22, 2009, 03:37 AM

Get out of there asap this man obviously has problems he is acting like this as if he is a rapist and the fact that two people have already said these things about him should have been your wake up call what are you doing still with him? He has dangerous sexual tendencies when you are asleep you are helpless does he like the fact that he is having unconsentual sex with you? This is sick and frightening please get the hell out of there before it turns nasty! File for a divorce don't even try to help him he is sick and needs to help himself! I hope you will be okay
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Apr 22, 2009, 04:33 AM

You have been violated within your marriage.

Your husband is deliberately preying on you when you are asleep. He knows he is doing wrong because he stops when you start to stir. There’s also the possibility your husband has a fetish-like desire to have sex with an unconscious/sleeping woman.

What is clear is you don't do nothing this will continue. You must take some action. Your husband is sick and since your husband have been accuse of rape twice in the past that further shows how sick he is. Your husband prefer to take than to have consential sex, he is a taker and that is what rapist do. He has a sick fetish of sleeping with sleeping females.

He has no remorse and continue to do this after you express why you don't it. The other thing that really bothers me is that he never tries to have sex with you while your awake. Red Flags, Red Flags.

Leave, unless your willing to go through years of counseling. I wouldn't, I would leave.
    bronzebabe Posts: 333, Reputation: 62

Apr 22, 2009, 10:10 AM

Leave...Now! He is a rapist, and that's the Only way he can be satisfied...He has serious mental issues...
    I am not sure if I want to know, but was he like this when you dated? or was there sex?
    It's very disturbing.
    Rich11111 Posts: 99, Reputation: 25

Apr 22, 2009, 12:49 PM

The other posters are right, he has a serious problem here.
    If it was just a fetish he would have asked first, and respected your opinion if you said no. He IS a rapist.

Also, these two incidents in the past, were they with your family members or his own? And did they occur before your marriage or during?

If I were you I would leave, no doubt about it he is clearly sick in the mind.
    At the very least I would sleep with a strong locked door between you and him until this has been resolved.
    chrissymarie Posts: 563, Reputation: 53

Apr 22, 2009, 01:47 PM

Was this a forced marriage? Are you of indian decent? Was this marriage set up by someone other than you and your husband?
    Xrayman Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 193
    Ultra Member

Apr 22, 2009, 03:59 PM

Mmm. What is happening to you is RAPE.

The fact that others have accused him of rape seems a huge red light to me. Women do NOT make up rape stories-just like you are not, as well-it would be HIGHLY DOUBTFUL for two separate women within his family to accuse him if it wasn't true-unless of course there was collusion-however, it is still one hell of an accusation to make if it was just "to sully his reputation" which as you probably have guessed by now I very much doubt!

He has been accused not once, but twice of rape-if that does not send a "BACK OFF" to him, then it is obvious he is a rapist-he is not listening to your feelings because rapists don't care about "feelings" or emotion, or "love" it is about power and taking it when they want.

Get out and get out NOW!

My golden rule is If something does not quite seem right, most of the time it isn't. Even my children are taught in school about "warning signs" or feelings that they are threatened. ACT ON YOUR SUSPICION and your KNOWLEDGE about this person.

Cheers.
    Gemini54 Posts: 2,871, Reputation: 1116
    Ultra Member

Apr 23, 2009, 09:36 PM
    This sounds seriously weird and you know it. If you feel uncomfortable, disgusted and afraid then listen to your intuition. This abuse (yes it is rape) does not happen in normal relationships.

What are you afraid of losing?

Someone that has been accused of rape and oral sex?
    Someone that attempts to have sex with you when you are asleep/unable to respond/unwilling/tired?
    Someone that keeps doing this even though you've asked him not to?

Speak to your doctor, family, a trusted friend. You must put some physical distance between you and this person. It's not normal and you neeed to protect yourself and your children.
    jaerochelle Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2009, 09:54 PM
    Think about your safety and the safety of your children. If your gut is telling you to leave... GET OUT, either way GET OUT!! Its not normal and its scary. He has problems, and nothing you can do or say to him is going to help.

-GOD BLESS!!
    Sundance2007 Posts: 6, Reputation: -1

Apr 25, 2009, 04:02 AM

Your husband has a strange problem. Maybe he is acred of REJECTION, or he is very shy about sex. Switch off the lights, and make the room very dark. That will help.
    chrissy1021 Posts: 20, Reputation: 5

Apr 25, 2009, 08:36 AM
    Although I halfway agree with some of the other people posting, I have to ask a question. Do you know if he is sleeping also when he does this or is he fully conscious? If he to is asleep while doing this he may have a condition called sexsomnia. It is a variant of sleepwalking/wet dreams. Luckily if this is the case it may be cured by therapy and behavior modification.

Hope this helps...
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Apr 25, 2009, 08:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Sundance2007 View Post
    Your husband has a strange problem. Maybe he is acred of REJECTION, or he is very shy about sex. Switch off the lights, and make the room very dark. That will help.
    I agree with you when you said her husband has a strange problem.

However, I strongly disagre when you tell her to turn out the lights for him to have sex with her. If I have to turn of the lights every time when have sex then we wouldn't be having sex.

The problem here is that he don't want to have sex when her when she is awake, only when she is asleep and that is alarming. I don't know any guy like this.

She needs to get out and he needs some counseling. He is lucky that he ain't in jail especially since he be accused of raping not one but two relatives. He is sick, I mean very sick.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Apr 25, 2009, 09:04 AM

The OP hasn't been back since her first post to update us or give us more information.

I don't know how many more informed answers there can be on this without more interaction from the OP.
    Krazi Posts: 358, Reputation: 70

Apr 25, 2009, 09:18 AM

sleep sex : MUST READ

---------------------------------------

This just in: Some people are having sex while they're completely asleep.
    It's true. It's a newly reported medical condition. And some people, as you might imagine, are rather upset about it. And as we'll see, it's not the only dire sleep issue facing a naked, exhausted nation.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It seems sleepsex, as it's called, tends to affect love lives. Interrupts sleep patterns, ruffles the sheets, creates unexpected patches of moisture and leaves you wondering who'll do the laundry or if you'll still be respected in the morning and why you're sore in places you didn't expect to be sore in when you went to bed. You can see the problem.
    Apparently, some people -- most often those who are awake -- say sleepsex is not always tender or loving or preceded by any sort of nice dinner or back rub or maybe some flowers. In fact, they say the sleeping person is often very demanding, even a little violent and aggressive in their pursuit of things squishy and moany and good and they will often not take no for an answer -- though it must be said that saying no to someone who is asleep and naked and sitting on top of you while violently demanding some sort of immediate penetration might be considered, you know, unwise.

Others, curiously, say the sleepsex is quite good. Even better than when both parties are actually awake. This is rather amusing. And startling. Unless it's not. Unless it makes some sort of perfect sense wherein you say, well of course, after all, my lover is normally uptight and inhibited and totally self-conscious about, say, getting naked and hanging upside down and getting flogged by a soft leather whip. But when she's out cold, she's a whirling whipariffic wildcat. What's not to like?

Sleepsex now has an official Web site, sleepsex.org. It has its own book. This is how you know it is a verifiable occurrence. This is how we know it exists. Truly, most things nowadays do not exist until they have an official Web site or a book written about them.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...otes110106.DTL
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Apr 25, 2009, 09:26 AM

Personally, I don't think it is sleep sex. If you read the OP's question it sounds like he knew what he was doing. Plus there are the rape allegations...
    Krazi Posts: 358, Reputation: 70

Apr 25, 2009, 09:36 AM

PPl with sleep sex condition are known to walk in their sleep from one room to another to make their advancement plus the person who suffers from this condition does appear to be awake but in fact they are asleep.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 25, 2009, 11:06 AM

Sleep sex, not with him stopping as soon as she moves and then starts back if she holds still.

Personlly you never have sex in any way you don't feel good about, say no, don't let him, make him sleep in the other room if is a real issue.
    turtlegirl16 Posts: 177, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2009, 11:11 AM

RAPE!! This is TOTAL RAPE!
    Rich11111 Posts: 99, Reputation: 25

Apr 26, 2009, 08:16 AM

Do you have any female relatives who live with you?
    Because he clearly has no problem with rape, nor with having sex with family members so they could be in danger.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Who is asleep in Christ? [ 54 Answers ]

Why Are we told to be Watchful ? And might we be counted accountable? Will you fall asleep in Christ? Luke 21:35-36 For as a snare shall it come on all them that dwell on the face of the whole earth. Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things...

Fell asleep during sex! [ 26 Answers ]

Last night my boyfriend fell asleep on top of me ( I mean snoring) while we were doing it. After about 5 min, he woke back up and kept going. Is this normal? I'm guessing its not too bug of a deal, but I just wanted to check. Has anyone else experienced this?

Over the week/while you were asleep [ 10 Answers ]

Over the weekend Obama's website was cleared of long standing criticisms of the troop surge have been removed and his claim that the surge would produce no progress has disappeared. Wake up America: Barack Obama Backtracks and Scrubs His Website Of Surge Criticisms

My kitten is always asleep [ 1 Answers ]

I got a 9 week old kitten yesterday and since then all it has done is lie in the floor and sleep. Help me, and what shall I do??

Old dog peeing when asleep [ 3 Answers ]

My dog is going on 12 years old. Today, she seems to have urinated while sleeping. But, she didn't seem to have noticed what she had done. I know she's getting old, and like people, it'll be harder to control your bladder muscles. Is there any suggestions on how I can help her? I let her out a...

View more questions Search