Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    beccacourt Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 21, 2009, 09:40 PM
    How often to de-worm puppies?
    I have never had puppies before so I'm unsure how often they can have pyrental. I have cats and I know all about them. Can a dose be given more than once a day or just 2,3,4, 6, 8 and 10 weeks? These puppies are 6 weeks old and I have given one dose.
    Silverfoxkit Posts: 798, Reputation: 264

Apr 21, 2009, 09:44 PM

You DO NOT want to dose them more then once a day, not even daily. You will want to follow the instructions on the bottle or have your vet do it. You could do serious harm to the puppies if you overdose them.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Apr 21, 2009, 11:51 PM
    I agree with Silverfoxkit. Never worm your puppies more than once a day!

Always check on the packet how much should be given for their weight.
    Also do not use adult worming tablets, you must buy puppy ones.

Worming should be done every 2 weeks until they are 12 weeks old
    From 12 weeks to 6 months it is just a monthly dose
    After 6 months it is just every 3-6 months depending on which tablets you get.

Remember that the dosage needs to be changed depending on the weight of the puppy.

If you have any doubts at all consult your vet as overdosing can be very harmful.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Worm treatment [ 4 Answers ]

I read on the internet that its harmful for a dog to give him a worm pill if he doesn't have worms, is this true, because I used to get my dog dewormed every month not because he had worms but to prevent him from having them, kind of like a flea treatment.

How can I get rid of worm.hakaglan.A? [ 2 Answers ]

how can I get rid of worm.hakaglan.A? I need the answer asap :( Thanks

Tape worm [ 12 Answers ]

I am scared I have one- most likely no because the only raw meat I eat is Sushi. "Often no signs or symptoms Most people who are infected with tapeworm don't show symptoms. Signs and symptoms of intestinal infection Most likely, you won't have any signs or symptoms with an intestinal...

Zhelatin.ch worm [ 6 Answers ]

I've done full system scan with AVG Anti-Spyware Microsoft Malware Finder AVG Anti-Virus, and Spybot and I get a clean bill of health from all of them, but a little freebie called Malware Sweeper finds Zhelatin.ch I tell it to delete and it says it did but it does not.

Worm in puppies [ 2 Answers ]

My puppy is a 18 week old mix Australian sheppard, and he has roundworms - first sign on Sunday. I brought him to the vets for a deworming on Monday 8am, and he also got his first vaccine, so since Sunday he will not eat a thing. He is lethargic and vomits about once every two hours (few worms),...

View more questions Search