Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ale207 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 21, 2009, 08:37 PM
    Lost my son
    About 3 years ago I gave my sister who lives in upper Wisconsin temporary custody of my son. I was young and stupid and finally came to my senses and got myself back on my feet about 2 years ago. My sister now hasn't really allowed me much contact with him but I wish to resume my role as his mom. I was just wondering how about starting the process of getting custody back?
    GV70 Posts: 2,918, Reputation: 283
    Family Law Expert

Apr 22, 2009, 10:20 AM

I doubt there is three years TEMPORARY custody order. I think your sister got a permanent one.If she has the custody-she has right to decline your visitation.
    You should get an attorney and file ASAP.You should be aware that a court will not want to make an immediate change

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I lost the love I felt, I lost the only thing that ever matterd [ 24 Answers ]

Wow I shouldn't even be feeling pain like this, I am so use to it! Anyway it all started 15 months ago and like a lot of heart ache and problems it started with a girl. We hooked up at a bar but I knew her before hand. She use to be with a guy I knew back in high school and since I line in such a...

Lost dad and even more lost daughter. [ 4 Answers ]

Someone please help? I have a 22 year old daughter who last year at this time received a DUI after a nights full of partying. This happened one week before her 21st surprise birthday party. Which of course did not happen due to the fact her DUI violation was issued after she rolled her friends car...

14 yr old had sex - I'm lost at what to do? [ 63 Answers ]

I just found out that my 14 yr old had sex. My heart is broken because she always promised she would wait till marriage. I feel like she lied to me and betrayed my trust. I'm not sure what to do. Take her to a doctor - Yes! But punishment? The damage is done. Please advise!

Lost [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I'm 29 and I feel like I'm a mess. My major issue is confrontation. Im always getting dumped on by people, feeling like a doormat, and I feel like I don't know how to nip things in the bud and put people in their place, whether formal situations or informal. I don't know how to establish myself...

Lost job [ 4 Answers ]

I recently was let go of a job. They would not give me a reason. I did not have any warning that this was coming. It was not a cutback in employees. I recently applied for another job. When they contacted my previous employer, my interviewer told me that my former boss told this person that...

View more questions Search