Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    maids2order4u Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Apr 21, 2009, 07:47 PM
    How do I determine what to charge on apt complex
    Hi, I own a licensed, bonded, insured cleaning service in southeastern michigan. An apt complex called me today and asked for a bid on cleaning services on their apts. There are one/two bedrooms, stove clean, carpet if not replaced, cupboards, bathrooms, windows inside. What/how do I charge????

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance :confused:

Apr 21, 2009, 08:04 PM
    Me again... the square footage of apartments I am asking about are 1000-1300 Please help me. I have no clue where to begin on quoting these apts.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 26, 2009, 06:07 PM

Hi again, maids2order4u!

I'm sorry that no one has come along yet to respond to your post here! I know just the right person one this site who can help you with this, and that would be Stringer.

I'll let him know about this thread.

Thanks!

Apr 26, 2009, 07:15 PM
    Thank you so very much! You have no idea how much I appreciate your thoughtfulness!:D
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 26, 2009, 07:22 PM

Will you be carring items out of the apartment, old funiture and trash.

Will you be funishing your own carpet steam cleaner.
    Will you be doing painting or just cleaning.

Just cleaning 200 to 300 locally in may area, I see it done for under 100 but do they want good or do they want cheap
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Apr 26, 2009, 09:00 PM

Hi Maids2order4u,

First please tell me, are you being asked to clean all the apartments at one time, is this the case? Probably not, is it that you will be called to clean one or possibly two/three apartments when needed?

If it is one to three or so apartments at one time then your price has to be higher for each apartment.

Are you expected to clean the entire kitchen also; clean the oven, refrigerator, inside the cupboards, etc. In other words are you to clean to the point of each apartment being ready for move in?

Let me ask you this; how long in your opinion will it take you (one person) to entirely clean the apartment and have it ready? One hour, one and a half hours, more..

Please get back to me as I would be happy to respond but answers to these questions would help a lot in determining the pricing.

How many other bidders are you up against?

Thanks,

Stringer
    Cleaningman23 Posts: 255, Reputation: 5

May 9, 2009, 09:31 AM

I currently own a cleaning company in the suburbs of Chicago. Although I have not come across bids on entire complexes. I do clena a lot of apartments. Ask yourself this... What are the customers expectations from you?

Are they having you do the carpets?

Clean windows inside and out??

What do they expect you to do?

How dirty have some of the apartments, if you seen them?

How often are they going to call you with work?

How many people is it going to take to get the job done effectively yet profitable?

How many cleaning products are you going to use?

Are you going to be on call?

How long does it take to drive there?

Are you doing it yourself or do you have employees?
    Uber Member

May 9, 2009, 06:23 PM

I hope that maids2order4u returns to address the questions that have been asked!
    Cleaningman23 Posts: 255, Reputation: 5

May 9, 2009, 08:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough View Post
    I hope that maids2order4u returns to address the questions that have been asked!
    I hope so too. So are you on for tonight :-)
    Uber Member

May 11, 2009, 01:15 AM

I'll be on soon in the days ahead, Cleaningman23!

Have been trying to get my own act together here... I am getting help from a number of resources and business should be picking up in the near future.

It's just really tough for me right now.

I am at home, for tonight anyway. I do look forward to collaborating with you again at some point in the near future...

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What are complex carbs? [ 1 Answers ]

What are complex carbs?

Complex eviction [ 1 Answers ]

I have a really hideous issue. 10 years ago, my father died and left my mother in a house with over 100,000 worth of liens on it. It was also in great disrepair. I gave up my apartment and moved in with her and retained a lawyer. It took a year and a half, but he was able to negotiate with the IRS...

Complex number [ 2 Answers ]

so I'm totally lost! The question is -6(u + 5)squared =120 so do I distribute or do I divide by six? if you can help please email or I'm me at [email protected]

2 complex [ 4 Answers ]

ok,here's my delima. I went out with my boyfriend last year and we broke up during the summer for my family issues. I tried to forget about him and move on. well when school started, a new student came to my neighborhood and we became friends. she started to like him and I told her go head b/c i...

View more questions Search