Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vmpgirl2000 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 21, 2009, 04:11 PM
    Who won Vietnam war? North or South Korea?
    Simply, put who won the Vietnam war?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 21, 2009, 06:47 PM

First please take time to read how to use the site, I know it can be confusing. You posted this in the 'introduction" area where you come and tell us about yourself. Please take time and return there.

Next North and South Korea was not in the Vietnam war, that was the Korean War.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 21, 2009, 07:33 PM

Are you thinking the two Koreas were two of the countries that fought this war? North and South Korea fought the Korean War and are still facing off at the 38th parallel. France, and later the US, fought North Vietnam, neither was victorious. I still have my runner up 2nd place T shirt to prove it.
    JimGunther Posts: 436, Reputation: 38

Jun 20, 2009, 02:10 AM

The Communist government of North Vietnam, as it was called in those days, won the Vietnam war. As was mentioned above, the Korean war between North and South Korea (with the UN siding with the South) was a stalemate, nobody won, the dividing line is the same as it was before the war.
    survivorboi Posts: 431, Reputation: 9

Aug 3, 2009, 04:14 PM

Umm... wikipedia and almost all documents has it that Korea was not involved in the Vietnam war, in any ways...

China and Soviet Union was though.

Let me give you a little history lesson about the war:

Starts sometimes and ends in 1975

2 sides: South Vietnam (ally with USA) and North Vietnam (receives SOME help from USSR and China)

North Vietnamese Army (NVA) or Viet Cong fought against South Vietnamese and the USA...

Bloody battles... Millions of NVA dead, while about half a million or so South vietnam and USA casualties/death.

1975: NVA took over South Vietnam's capital Saigon and the war is officially OVAR!

By the way, The USA pulled out of Vietnam in the middle of the war. Quickly ends the war for the South...

Now you know =)
    JimGunther Posts: 436, Reputation: 38

Aug 3, 2009, 04:42 PM

Not everyone would agree that the Vietnam War is over. It is certainly over for the U.S. but conflicts in the region continue.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 3, 2009, 04:46 PM

Then Wikipedia is wrong - Korea was involved in the Viet Nam War. My husband served with them during the Tet Offensive. What are the "almost all other" documents you are reading?

In fact, that is not how I am reading the info on Wikipedia at all - here is another site: Ghostly Stories, Haunted memories: South Korea and Viet Nam

They were not involved very long and the stories of their cruelty are legend - among other things they took prisoners up in helicopters and threw them out.

Aug 4, 2009, 07:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    Then Wikipedia is wrong - Korea was involved in the Viet Nam War. My husband served with them during the Tet Offensive. What are the "almost all other" documents you are reading?

In fact, that is not how I am reading the info on Wikipedia at all - here is another site: Ghostly Stories, Haunted memories: South Korea and Viet Nam

They were not involved very long and the stories of their cruelty are legend - among other things they took prisoners up in helicopters and threw them out.

Cmon now.. you know what I was talking about. She was talking about the North Korean and South Koreans, we're north and south koreans in the vietnam war? I don't think so. Maybe there were a few troops here and there, but certainly not fighting against each other like in the Korean War.

What documents? Well, most of the Google results on vietnam war does not say the North korean and south korean was involved in the vietnam war... If they were, they were there as 1! Not divided into north and south.
    Uber Member

Aug 4, 2009, 11:34 AM

Here is what you said and what I answered: "wikipedia and almost all documents has it that Korea was not involved in the Vietnam war, in any ways... "

Korea WAS involved and I provided you with the necessary information.

Aug 5, 2009, 02:39 PM
    Here is what you said and what I answered: "wikipedia and almost all documents has it that Korea was not involved in the Vietnam war, in any ways...."

Korea WAS involved and I provided you with the necessary information.
    Yes, the asker said who "won in the war", North or South Korea. North and South Korea did not fight EACH OTHER in the Vietnam War, so you couldn't say either sides win. Maybe there were Korean troops in vietnam, but they were not fighting against each other as of the Korean War. If she had asked who won in the Korean War, "North Korea or South Korean", then it's different matter.

Who won, North or South Korean? None. North Vietnam won the war.
    Uber Member

Aug 5, 2009, 07:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by survivorboi View Post
    Yes, the asker said who "won in the war", North or South Korea. North and South Korea did not fight EACH OTHER in the Vietnam War, so you couldn't say either sides win. Maybe there were Korean troops in vietnam, but they were not fighting against each other as of the Korean War. If she had asked who won in the Korean War, "North Korea or South Korean", then it's different matter.

Who won, North or South Korean? None. North Vietnam won the war.

I'm not addressing what was asked. For that matter, neither did you.

You said: "Umm...wikipedia and almost all documents has it that Korea was not involved in the Vietnam war, in any ways...."

You are wrong. Argue all you want. You are wrong.

Aug 6, 2009, 06:37 PM
    I'm not addressing what was asked. For that matter, neither did you.

You said: "Umm...wikipedia and almost all documents has it that Korea was not involved in the Vietnam war, in any ways...."

You are wrong. Argue all you want. You are wrong.
    Umm, I was wrong when I said "not involved in any ways" Just that part. Only . But all I was pointing out that North Korea did not fought against South Korea like the asker said. Not at all. This is another war we're talking about, not the Korean war.

We seem to have a war of our own here. =/
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2009, 06:56 PM

Wikipedia is accurate to a point and that is important.Because anyone can contribute to the site by referencing other sites does not mean their information is complete or accurate.
    You have to do your homework.I have found errors on there before.

Aug 6, 2009, 09:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by artlady View Post
    Wikipedia is accurate to a point and that is important.Because anyone can contribute to the site by referencing other sites does not mean their information is complete or accurate.
    You have to do your homework.I have found errors on there before.
    Understood ;) Yeah, I wish they take that privilege away... but then who's going to write all the goodies?

Aug 7, 2009, 11:07 AM

JudyKayTee, so who won the Vietnam War? North or South Korea? If you're going to say North Vietnam, then please my other post and realize that was what I'm trying to say all along.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

North Korea, plutonium vs. Uranium [ 1 Answers ]

Given that North Korea has the ability to produce plutonium weapons, why pursue uranium enrichment? What is the advantage? Seems to me that plutonium can be produced in a breeder reactor and more easily processed than the enrichment & separation procedures for uranium. Doesn't plutonium provide for...

Democrats Wanting to Scuttle Iraq Like South Vietnam [ 11 Answers ]

Hate America Firsters want to scuttle Iraq in a manner similar to their conduct with South Vietnam. "Vietnam gave the United States the reputation for not supporting its allies. The shame of Vietnam is not that we were there in the first place, but that we betrayed our ally in the end. It was...

Are weddings different here and in south korea? [ 1 Answers ]

If I got married in south korea would it be any different then getting married here?

Channal you music/web/ north,east, south, west [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know a web were you can lisen to R&B, hip-hop and watever. Secondly have you heard the video on channal you that goes something lyk this at the begging (north,east,south,west) and every one is wearing those t-shirts that say what side there on (e.g north side) and so on. :D I lyk that...

View more questions Search