Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tandah Posts: 67, Reputation: 5

Apr 21, 2009, 04:21 PM
    Round stretching ligaments?
    Hello, I was just wondering what round ligament stretching feel like?
    I have a pain on my right side, feels like it's in my hips. When I rub my side it hurts.
    What can I do if the pain I am experience is stretching ligaments?
    Thanks! ;)
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 21, 2009, 04:48 PM

You don't stretch until it hurts. You rest and let it repair. A good supplement for stressed ligaments is glucosamine-controidtin.

Tick
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 22, 2009, 07:36 AM
    Unfortunately, if the is round ligament stretching, you can't let it rest and repair until after delivery.

Okay, think of the round ligaments like this. You have ligaments that run from the lower pelvis up to the uterus. Imagine them as if they were rubber bands. These ligaments can only stretch so far, like a rubber band stretches, as the uterus and the pregnant belly grows. They stretch until they cause discomfort and sometimes pain, but unlike the rubber band, they don't break. The only relief from this, until delivery, is warm baths, tylenol, and rest.

This too shall pass.

Apr 22, 2009, 07:43 AM

Thank you both for your advice!
    I did take a warm shower and that helped some but I still had it all night and in the morning.
    I was told today by my doctor, I could be having twins!
    I will find out tomorrow for sure, if we are or not :S
    Expert

Apr 22, 2009, 07:46 AM
    Good luck to you. I haven't delivered very many twins, but I treat patients nightly with round ligament pain.

Please keep me posted as to what you find out about the twins. What pregnancy is this for you? How far along are you?

Apr 22, 2009, 12:21 PM

This my 2nd pregnancy and I'm 14 weeks.
    Expert

Apr 22, 2009, 02:08 PM

I just didn't realize you were pregnant, Tandah, sorry. My information was for someone not pregnant !

Tick
    ang8318 Posts: 299, Reputation: 27

Apr 22, 2009, 04:42 PM

I am 26 weeks and one thing I find to be a life saver sometimes is a heating pad on low.
    Expert

Apr 22, 2009, 04:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    I just didnt realize you were pregnant, Tandah, sorry. My information was for someone not pregnant !

tick
    Tickle, this was in the Pregnancy & New Motherhood category, how did you not understand that she was pregnant? :confused::rolleyes:
    Expert

Apr 23, 2009, 03:05 AM

J-9, could be because I was too tired out from working an overnight respit client that I didn't bother to notice to look on top of the screen. It happens, I apologized for my oversight. I don't need my hand slapped, I am old enough to know better, try 67, not 22.

Tick

Apr 23, 2009, 01:42 PM

Haha That's okay Tickle. We all have our days, right :)
    Found out today that there is only one beautiful baby, that was kicking me the whole time. Very active baby! And I swear I can feel the baby kicking me.. feels like a little poke or something. :)
    Expert

Apr 23, 2009, 01:53 PM
    Congratulations!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Martial arts stretching [ 1 Answers ]

Have been training in taekwondo for about 18 months and am struggling with flexibility, I am 35 years old and think I started this too late, I warm up, stretch and cool off correctly as advised by the class instructor and do this every 2 days for 30-45 minutes (used to be every day but was advised...

Knee ligaments in dogs [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 3 yr old British Bulldog who has torn her ligaments in her knee, she also has very bad hips, we have been told by the vet she will need a operation I am worried that if her knee is operated on will it make her hips worse, she will have to compensate, for the bad knee, can anybody give me...

Stretching excercises [ 6 Answers ]

HI! Do stretching excercises really make you grow taller? Has anyone had any success please let me know. Thanks.

My screen is stretching! [ 7 Answers ]

I don't know what the heck happened but my screen was stretched across sideways as if my computer were a widescreen. I tried changing resolutions but that made the stretching worse. I have it at 800x600 now and everything is on screen and not stretched, but it's all HUGE! I have tried messing with...

View more questions Search