Apr 21, 2009, 04:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshdta View Post
    ok, still tring to find a good wiring diagram
    http://i42.tinypic.com/vh9v1d.jpg

That's the diagram.
    Joshdta Posts: 2,549, Reputation: 45
    Ultra Member

Apr 21, 2009, 04:49 PM

Are both of you heat sequencers double stacked like the pic I sent or is one just a single?
    Trueblue96 Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Apr 21, 2009, 04:50 PM
    are both of you heat sequencers double stacked like the pic i sent or is one just a single?
    Double one on top of the other.

Apr 21, 2009, 04:58 PM
    are both of you heat sequencers double stacked like the pic i sent or is one just a single?
    Here is a picture of them

http://i41.tinypic.com/j9c3t5.jpg
    Ultra Member

Apr 21, 2009, 05:04 PM

I am about 85% sure the one on the top is your problem, but with out being there is very hard with electric furnaces. Turn the power back on. Turn the heat up. Then turn it down. If it continues to run. Then find something that will not conduct electricity, a small piece of wood, a plactic pipe. What ever and give it a few taps and see if it goes off. Or we can test for voltage. Do you have a volt meter?

Apr 21, 2009, 05:07 PM
    i am about 85% sure the one on the top is your problem, but with out being there is very hard with electric furnaces. turn the power back on. turn the heat up. then turn it down. if it continues to run. then find something that will not conduct electricity, a small piece of wood, a plactic pipe. what ever and give it a few taps and see if it goes off. or we can test for voltage. do you have a volt meter?
    Yes I have one.

Apr 21, 2009, 05:14 PM
    i am about 85% sure the one on the top is your problem, but with out being there is very hard with electric furnaces. turn the power back on. turn the heat up. then turn it down. if it continues to run. then find something that will not conduct electricity, a small piece of wood, a plactic pipe. what ever and give it a few taps and see if it goes off. or we can test for voltage. do you have a volt meter?
    Keep in mind if I kick it over to air the outside unit will come on and stay on no matter what temp I put the thermostat on.
    Ultra Member

Apr 21, 2009, 05:15 PM

OK when the unit is calling for heat you will have power on both sides of the sequencer. When the call for heat stops the sencer should cool down and the power should not be going threw. Check from a ground to the right side of the senq first
    Ultra Member

Apr 21, 2009, 05:17 PM
    You have no other relays in your unit but the two you just sent me a pic of?

Apr 21, 2009, 05:17 PM

I also tapped the sequencer with a rubber mallet and it continued to run.

Apr 21, 2009, 05:19 PM
    you have no other relays in your unit but the two you just sent me a pic of?
    Just the relay that the thermostat wires are connected into. I replaced it though.

It's the top little one.

http://i41.tinypic.com/bgtd9y.jpg
    Ultra Member

Apr 21, 2009, 05:23 PM

Well if you changed the t-stat, and that relay. Then the 2 sequencers are all that is left. Its hard to tell from your picture. Are they the same?

Apr 21, 2009, 05:27 PM
    well if you changed the t-stat, and that relay. then the 2 sequencers are all that is left. Its hard to tell from your picture. are they the exact same?
    No. The top one is bigger and has more leads. The bottom one is about half the size.
    Ultra Member

Apr 21, 2009, 05:30 PM

OK the top one then is the one we need to worry about. It contols the heat, the fan for heat, and the fan for ac. The botom is just for the second heat strip.

Apr 21, 2009, 05:34 PM
    ok the top one then is the one we need to worry about. it contols the heat, the fan for heat, and the fan for ac. the botom is just for the second heat strip.
    Ok so I should probably replace it and see what happens?
    Ultra Member

Apr 21, 2009, 05:39 PM

That would be my best bet. Like I said I am about 85-90% that's your problem. But with so many wires on a elactric furnace with out me being there is hard to be 100%
    Ultra Member

Apr 21, 2009, 05:40 PM

Also, if you check back on here later there are a lot of people that will comment. Maybe someone will agree. Or has a better thought on what to try.

Apr 21, 2009, 05:50 PM
    also, if you check back on here later there are alot of people that will comment. maybe someone will agree. or has a better thought on what to try.

Ok also the top one has a copper coil under it. Doesn't look like any sequencer I have ever seen. I took some numbers off it and googled them and got nothing.

3100-20Q552c
    Coil 24VAC
    Ultra Member

Apr 21, 2009, 08:07 PM

Sounds like the top one may be just a contactor then.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Staying the same! [ 6 Answers ]

I'm pregnant, my boyfirend and I are both very happy about this, we have an amazing relationship, the kind that people are jelous of. My question is does it always change after the birth of a child? We are best friends as well as partners, and I just don't want to lose any aspect of that because...

Staying hard. [ 5 Answers ]

Boyfriend and I had sex for the first time on Friday, well I use the term sex loosely, he gets hard then before penetration he goes soft (sometimes during) and then says it feels like he needs to go to the toilet, every time it happened, then would go to the toilet. (which was a every single time)...

Not sure about staying in my relationship [ 4 Answers ]

I am 44 and my partner is 48. I just went through an abortion 16 weeks ago and while I am on the road to healing, I still have periods of feeling very depressed and very angry. I wanted to have this baby, but my partner felt that we were both to old. We have been to counseling and it seems to work...

View more questions Search