Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AngryAndConfused Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2005, 11:01 PM
    Lifes Great
    StuMegu Posts: 576, Reputation: 64

Nov 26, 2005, 04:06 AM
    Is the registry error the first thing to go wrong since last time or just the most recent? If this is the only thing, you can try pressing F8 whilst starting to get to the boot menu, and selecting "Last known good configuration". Of course this won't help if it's hardware, but it uses the previous good copy of the registry.
    lilfyre Posts: 508, Reputation: 98

Nov 26, 2005, 10:58 AM
    Have you tried to scan you computer for viruses?

I got a virus update the other day from McAfees telling me about W32/IRCbot.worm it is a virus that you can get by simply going on line. Once infected, your computer may restart continually. I have listed a link to McAfee’s that tells you how to remove it if this is what is wrong. I am technology stupid so this is the best that I can do for you.

http://us.mcafee.com/virusInfo/defau...virus_k=135491
    saITguy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 19, 2007, 01:53 AM
    Hi to those who tried to answer the question.
    This is the best site that I've tried yet.
    I also had that problem, my computer used to restart whilst doing any activity.
    I tried the memory test, and voilà, no restarts.
    Thank you to all those that helped.:)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does random exist [ 48 Answers ]

Hello, I was just wondering if random exists within physics. If not, if there's only one way something can happen depending on how it happens, and future events are determined by present and past events.. then surely the future can't be controlled.. it could only happen that one way. Is choice...

Random toilet flush [ 3 Answers ]

Hi: Hope someone can help. Have ~ 50 yr old toilet with relatively new flapper valve and fill valve that were replaced a year or so ago and toilet worked OK. About two weeks ago toilet would not flush completely and paper etc. would stay in the bowl. When not working, water would slowly...

Window Xo restarts itself [ 1 Answers ]

:oi am using win98 and win xp together. Win98 on C drive and win xp on D drive. For few days when I open win xp it starts and then computer closes and restarts automatically. This time it says that the computer was not closed properly and option of safe mode, start previous configuration and...

Desktop goes black and restarts by itself [ 2 Answers ]

My Gateway computer, Pent II 350 Mhz is acting strangely. When booting, it looks ready for me to proceed -- but then the mouse is frozen and when I move the mouse the screen goes black and goes to Restart. It takes 2 or 3 tries to succeed. Sometimes it does this when working in email or on the...

View more questions Search