Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JoeJoe2x4 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Apr 16, 2012, 05:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by liz10 View Post
    Hi, I did 2 courses of accutane about 2-3 years apart. That was about 5 years ago. Since then I have had chronic achilles tendonitis, foot, knee and hip and back pain.
    Sometimes I can hardly walk up a flight of stairs. I work at home but some days the pain is so bad I am almost in tears by the end of the day. I don't like pills so I only take tylenol arthritis on my very worst days. Since I look perfectly healthy from the outside I think sometimes people think I am nothing but a complainer if I say anything. Accutane ruined my life and the pain is getting worse, soon I may be unable to work at all. There are mass law suits against the accutane company, I plan to look into this.
    Liz.
    Oh, I sure hope you will pass the law suit info along! I've been right where you are. I hate to even mention my pain because I "look" fine, but I am almost in tears on many days. Celebrex is a wonderful medicine, and I pray it NEVER goes off the market. I can't sleep w/o it because my hips hurt so bad.

I only work part-time now and not in a full functioning nurse position like I'm trained/educated to do. The pain is unbearable when I'm on my feet for long. Keep going, but know when to rest. If you stop and give up, your muscles get weak, and the pain is MUCH worse.

Let me know about the law suit. [email protected]
    korseo1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 16, 2012, 11:48 PM
    I was on accutane for three months its been almost ten days I have stopped taking it because of my severe knee pains, lower back pain and joint pains... I started having lower back on the second month of my therapy then went to see my derm; he told me its not related to accutane.. its because of my sleeping posture... gave me pain killers and massaging creams.. alrite the pain went away! Then in the end of third month I started having severe knee pains.. it was hard for me stand... I went to my derm... and he told.. there could be "temporary" arthritis associated with accutane... I came back hoping the painkillers would help... but it was more than a week after the excruciating pain I decided... to quit... I have read so many blogs and sites.. saying that joint pains in some cases could be permanent... I have recently started having pain in my shoulder blades.. . rite now.. there is no part of my body which is not aching... I have become so moody because of this.. because pre-tane time of my life was active... now I feel lethargic and tired... I'm just hoping that this goes away... because there are people out there who have taken two or three courses of tane.. and nothing bad has happened to them (except dry skin and lips).. I didn't even complete my course of six months.. so I'm hoping it will go away...
    Advise for anyone who is considering taking accutane... guys this is serious drug... it might have worked as a miracle drug for people out there.. still there is a chance that it might not work for you.. coz everyone is different and respond differently to the drug... if you are feeling any pains don't ignore it... because pain is the symptom of telling you that something is definitely going wrong in your body...
    accutanehater12 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 14, 2012, 08:02 AM
    I have shocking back and joint pain, dry eyes (chronic), dry skin dry lips, I have had 2 shoulder ops, am having sinus surgery this week and need an op on my spine at some point the doc tells me.

I am 31 and was extremely fit and healthy before. It has destroyed my life.

I KNOW Accutane did this to me because you don't go from being 100% healthy and a top athlete to being racked with health problems in 4 months. I have spent 12 years in and out of doctors chairs and I wish to God I had never taken it.
    emstrak Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 15, 2012, 06:17 PM
    I'm almost done with my third month of Accutane. About a month ago, I noticed that my ribs were tender, especially if I laid in one position for a long time and then tried to switch. I didn't think much of it... Just thought maybe I pulled something. The past week the rib pain has been unbearable. It even hurts when I breathe. The pain has also moved to my hips, legs and feet. I've been taking 800mg Motrin which will take the 'edge' off but I'm still very much in pain. After I put my kids to sleep, the tears start flowing from all the pain. After reading several forums/info pages on the internet, I'm defintitely calling my Dr in the morning. I'll be 31 next month and I have two very active boys and I feel like I'm not there for them like I should be. I have no patience because I'm so uncomfortable and in pain. To top it off, my husband is in the Military and is currently deployed... and I don't live close to family so I don't have much help. I wish I would have never started this medicine. I would have much rather lived with the acne then have to go through this pain. I pray that when I stop, the pain will subside.
    Ammm19 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 3, 2012, 01:11 AM
    My derm put me on accutane(amnesteem) 80Mg right off the bat, first day I took it I got lower back pain almost immediately, I have it when I sit for a while, lkke in my lectures, I get pain on my right of my lower back. And sometimes when I'm standing it'll shoot down my right leg. Im more concerned about my health than my acne, I'd like to resume running, I don't want to let this medicine poison my body anymore
    LGM21 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2013, 12:46 AM
    Has your pain gotten better? I have recently experienced the same sudden shooting pain that drops me to floor as well. I have had x-rays and MRI done and it doesn't show anything serious! I just realized it could be the accutane. I'm at the end of 5th month with one more month to go but now hearing everyone's similar experiences makes me want to quit. Just wanted to hear your outcome.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Back and Joint pain after childbirth? [ 1 Answers ]

3 months ago I gave birth by c section. It was a long labor and afterwards I had a lot of back pain and still do along w/sharp pains in my abdomen. It is an achy pain that travels across the lower back. Every time I walk I feel electricity shoot up to my neck. I feel stiff and weak after sitting...

Young Adult. Back, Joint, Chest Pain.Headaches ? [ 3 Answers ]

I'm a 19 year old female. I used to smoke / drink in high school when I was like 16 until 18. Ive experienced odd symptoms for over a year. Daily Chest pains under breast making it hard to breathe, both left and right sides. Random joint pains, the back, one day an arm, another my knee, Making...

Joint Pain Everywhere [ 11 Answers ]

I'm eighteen years old and I've been experiencing joint pain lately, and was wondering where it's coming from. It started when I sprained my ankle last month, and then my knee started swelling up out of nowhere. Then my whole leg started swelling... The pain started from my ankle and knee to my...

Finger Joint pain [ 1 Answers ]

The index finger of my right hand has been hurting for about a week now for no reason that I can think of. I don't believe I caused it any trauma and there is no apparent swelling or bruising. However, every time I bend the finger or use it when typing the joint hurts and feels like it has been...

View more questions Search