Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

May 4, 2009, 07:26 AM

At 14 I only had one or two close friends.
    I wasn't even thinking about boys till a few years later.
    My first kiss was at the age of 17.

There's no need to rush things.
    You are doing excellent at school and that's what counts at the moment... trust me, girls will take more notice of a guy with a good job because he excelled in school than the popular guy who had average grades and is working at McDonalds.
    NallaNeedsYou Posts: 162, Reputation: 9

May 5, 2009, 03:00 AM

Hope your right shazamataz. Everyone says it is more important when you get older. I go to quite a posh school, we are not a rich family but I got a good scholarship. We just started our first module in Chemistry and Physics and took the exam last term. I get back quite late from school and the nearest place is about 30 minutes drive away. I know its not healthy to have no friends and I'm trying really hard to sort it out. I am going to try a cheap slendertone because I'm sure it is going to boost my confidence when meeting new people. Its not that I don't speak to people. It's that I am always cut off, contradicted or overwritten by someone I get on well with my teachers and I work hard. I just want school to be a little more enjoyable!
    IheartEdward Posts: 203, Reputation: 4

May 5, 2009, 03:01 PM

Yeah, do what ever makes you feel confident, in the end it doesn't matter what others think but more what you think of yourself.

And if people are going to cut off or contradicted you there's no point in trying to talk to them. I've given up on people like that.
    Sphira Posts: 72, Reputation: 6

May 8, 2009, 02:40 AM
    Hey again

I just want to point out that when a person beats everyone else on a test they get labeled its wrong I know but it happens and your on 14 it really doesn’t matter weather you have friends or not there’s a kid in my year and he’s really nerdy but he just be's himself and doesn’t try to hide it and he’s one of my closest friend so don’t hide yourself if you get on with our teachers great then you'll live thought the next however many years of high school or middle school or whatever the schooling system is because when you hit university or college that’s when good grades count I mean who wants to date a dumb hottie than a smart guy who is getting in shape and looking after themselves not me!

Take it from a peer live as you would if you did have friends don’t try to fit in be who you want to be and if that’s not acceptable who cares?

May 8, 2009, 02:55 AM

Thanks Sphira! I shouldn't have to change myself. I am doing it for my own confidence and welfair, not for their expectations. Thank you all for your help :) has been a really boost to what I thought was a sensible idea. Thanks again
    oscarlicous Posts: 154, Reputation: 10

May 8, 2009, 05:48 AM

Take it from me... I would raither date a smart, mature man than somebody who can't spell the word Mississippi. I think brains is a turn on. Don't worry about the not kissed somebody thing. When your time comes, it comes. There will be a girl that is for you. It may not be today and it may not be tomorrow. But your little princess will wait for her prince.

May 8, 2009, 06:31 AM

:) I'm waiting lol. Will wait aslong as it takes because that moment will be a special one. Thanks guys! Long live AMHD
    emmaxx231 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2009, 05:10 PM
    I would say the defintition of a guy I would want to go out with is excactly how you described yourself. I tend to hate guys who are loud, obnoxious and all over confident. I would SO much rather be around you then any other guy. Looks don't matter as much to some girls ( like me) so I'm sure that you'll find someone who is like that. Just don't stress about it because I'm kind of socially awkward too and whenever some one talks to me I can't really find the words to say, so you're not alone.
    oscarlicous Posts: 154, Reputation: 10

May 28, 2009, 08:09 AM

He's never alone... he has us! :D lol
    marlins2003 Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

May 28, 2009, 10:01 AM
    Nalla, how many kids are there in your grade? Depending on that amount I'm am positive that you will find someone that is interested in computer games as much as you are. I spend some extra time with friends playing games online like WOW. Im 16, and I'm kind of the social guy, but I was never always that way. I got into sports( baseball, football, soocer) made lots of friends, and my confidence level jumped. For u, just find other kids that are into things you like to do, and you feel comfortable around.
    CLuvsSoccer Posts: 14, Reputation: 3

May 29, 2009, 10:32 AM

Hey! You're obviously pretty smart for asking this! I'm 14 and I want my guy to be caring (he has to care about what I feel and how I'm doing), smart (he HAS to have a smart guy of course! Someone who I can talk to without dumbing it down.), ambition (he has to have some idea where he wants to be in the future. Like career, marriage, kids, stuff like that that actually matters in life. It annoys me when guys only think about sex and video games. :( ) And he can be good looking, but I'd rather date an ugly guy who cares about me and loves me more than life itself than a drop dead gorgeous model who treats me as part of his property. I hope I helped! :-)

Jun 4, 2009, 04:43 AM

Thanks people :) I go to a small private school and at the moment there are 15 people in my year. :( not easy to find people other thean the ones around me. It is really nice that sumeone else my age thinks about more than sex and video games. I hope you find your sensitive clever guy... You definanty deserve him.

Jun 4, 2009, 04:53 AM

Its also Great to have so many nice people on one internet site! Lol... its really nice to meet such unerstanding and like-minded people. Shame all the people around me seem to think I'm some trash to avoid and yelp at the sight of. Things will get better and you lovely people have really helped me get out of a silly emotional ditch that has made my life dismall and boring. :) great to have a fun club... will be posting soon about how life is great soon! (dont hold your breath) but hey... ill keep trying :D
    AManWithNoName Posts: 424, Reputation: 9

Jun 4, 2009, 11:28 AM

I'm dating a girl younger than me, don't allways got to date your age
    And as for the small class thing, sign up for a camp, co-ed so you can meet new people and try and un shelter yourself if you get what I mean bro
    barbiechick123 Posts: 317, Reputation: 25

Jun 28, 2009, 10:55 AM

Hey don't even stress about it, you're still young... trust me, but I know that wasn't your initial question so I'll answer that one. I'm a 14 year old girl and I do NOT like hunks, or anything of that sort. In fact the guy I like right now is nothing of that sort, he's lanky and face full of zits, but I love it anyway. Trust me, I know a lot of girls like me who have that taste too. I like mature guys, obviously not ones that think they are better then everyone else due to their maturity, but mature guys definitely. You should wait until you're a little older to be getting hopped up over this, most 14 year old girls are just horny and will be willing to do anything, and their weakness are manipulative hunksters, please don't be one of those guys, you're on the right track right now if you know right from wrong and if you are sticking to your true colors and not changing yourself to fit in with the ladies.

Jul 1, 2009, 07:23 AM

Thank you... it really means a lot to know its not just me that thinks all the hunkstes are lucky because the girls are horney. Its sad... but ill live! How bad can it be?
    barbiechick123 Posts: 317, Reputation: 25

Jul 1, 2009, 10:17 AM

Anyway, I've seen you around this site and you even answered one of my previous questions so generously, so let me tell you it seems like your personality is top notch; in the end that's what really matters to girls like me at least. And yeah, a lot of the girls who like the hunksters are horny little school girls that don't mind being used. Hunksters may be hot, but in the personality dept. they get a 0.. So don't worry, as you get older you will meet mature girls who dig you.
    raychi Posts: 48, Reputation: 3

Jul 1, 2009, 10:29 AM

I think you sound cute,if that helps. And not all girls are sex obsessed, they look for personality more, but some are stupid and go for the looks, but I'm not like that
    TheOreeoShow Posts: 78, Reputation: 2

Jul 1, 2009, 09:21 PM

Im 14 and what I look for in a guy is that he's nice , isn't mean to people at school specially ones who feel out of place, same interests as me, don't try to protect me all the time but when needed, aren't sexist, aren't pervs, they will comfort me, won't ingnore but will talk to them when they like you and acts like they want to talk to you, sticks up for themselves, sticks up for their friends if they deserve it, but mostly just a genuine guy hope that helped!
    TheOreeoShow Posts: 78, Reputation: 2

Jul 1, 2009, 09:43 PM

But don't worry the right girl will come allong but don't be desperate only date someone you truly like! I think its best to stick to your age level, also since your academic don't (im not saying you do) but don't put other people down if they don't do so well in school. I would be immediately attraced to a guy if a kid was having a tough time and he's said to the kid "its fine just keep working at it!" and really since we're the same age I have to tell you that I have the same issues Im athletic Im a girl I'm 5"8" but, I still have confidence issues! Just like you sometimes I can't even speak and I asked my sis in the car (she 16 and she rocks) "When did you find out who you are?" and she told me after a while of talking, "eventually you just have to not care what people think and be who you are!" it just takes time ! What I do when I need confidence is I look myself in the mirror and point out what I like about my personality and what I dislike but do What you like last and then just think about it for a while and then decide , "am I going to let what people will think of me when I say what im feeling stop me?" I find that when I felt socially the best it was right after I said that to myself . And didn't let it stop me ! If people don't like you for who you are then they just won't and its OK I know some for me, and Im OK with it! I just got to show them that I don't care and if they cross me Il stick up for myself and making yourself look a little better is not a bad thing Im self confident and Im not fat or anything like it! "OreeoShowProductions" Youtube if you want to see watch "The talking Apple" but I find that watching comedies make me feel more self confident too! The one that makes me feel that way is "She's the Man" a soccer flick! And getting a girlfriend isn't that big of a deal and remember speak up but don't pressure yourself to speak when youfeel like it but remember if you don't speak that much people will think you "The non talking kid in class" which isn''t good speak everyday and don't hold back and what I do is if I get embarressed because ofsomething I did I always think oh well it won't matter later in my life anyway I mean think about it when your an adult no one will still be talking about the emmbarrasing thing you did! And my friend michelle said to me she said "but your never nervous" and boy I AM!! Remember everyone is self confident issues even if they don't show it REMEMBER THAT Friend! And talk to me on YouTube if you can! Your truly -Brooke B

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

GUYS! Do guys like persistent girls? Do you like to be pursued? [ 13 Answers ]

I mean, wouldn't you like if the roles were switched? : ) Guys will keep trying to get with a girl they think is pretty, they don't give up! : P Wouldn't you like that?:p

I just want to talk to some guys [ 13 Answers ]

Hey my name is michelle I'm 14 and I go to an all girl's school so I don't have a whole lot of experience with guys although I get attention when I go out I give my number(if they ask for it) but they rarely call so I just want to talk to some guys on here that DON'T have girlfriends so I can have...

Do guys tend to lose interest in girls more quickly if the girls are easily dated? [ 11 Answers ]

It seems like most of the guys that I have dated lost interest in me if we started dating fairly quickly and easily. It seemed to happen even more quickly once we were in a relationship and I asked if we could go out to certain events or see certain things. Then most of the guys that have asked...

Hi guys just want to ask something [ 2 Answers ]

Anyone knows the title and artist of this song? It goes like this Baby you don't have to cry So let me dry the tears from your eyes... ... Whatever you want I'll do it for you Baby whatever just tell me Whatever you need I'll give it to you...

Calling all guys! I want to know if he likes me and how do I tell him! [ 2 Answers ]

Hi. I was just wondering how to tell a guy that I like him... but one problem... there were a bunch of rumors going around that I like him, and I just got rid of them (Trying to avoid the subject that they were TRUE) and he's one of my BEST friends. I don't think I could live without him. And I do...

View more questions Search